Ubuntu 11.04 may just be one of the most widely -- and sometimes even anxiously -- anticipated releases yet of Canonical's popular open source operating system.
Considerable fanfare greeted Friday's release of the ninth--and apparently final--beta version of Firefox 4, which boosted the popular Web browser with hundreds of bug fixes and a raft of powerful new features.
The volunteer developers behind Apache Tomcat have released version 7.0.6 of the open-source Java servlet container.
The cadre of volunteer developers behind the Cassandra distributed database have released the latest version of their open source software, able to hold up to 2 billion columns per row.
Firefox 4 is nearly ready for release, a recent post on Mozilla's developer mailing list suggests.
Each year, the editors and reviewers of the InfoWorld Test Center gather to look over the list of products that earned the highest marks in stand-alone reviews or came in first in multiproduct shoot-outs. We then determine which ones were particularl...
Anticipating greater use of BI (business intelligence) on the Web and in the cloud, Jaspersoft has rebuilt its software using a standards-based Web architecture.
In a move that will be seen by many as <strong>a sign of open-source advocates' influence</strong>, <strong>a filing in Germany </strong>to create a consortium led by Microsoft to buy Novell patents has been withdrawn.
In a move that will be seen by many as a big win for open-source advocates, a plan to create a consortium led by Microsoft to buy Novell patents has been withdrawn.
Open source software management provider Black Duck Software said Monday it has made its third acquisition in recent months and fourth overall, scooping up consulting firm Olliance Group for an undisclosed sum.
The volunteers behind the Joomla content management system will release version 1.6 of the open-source software today, which features considerable improvements in access control and page layout, among other enhancements.
Salesforce.com announced Thursday it has purchased Web conferencing software vendor Dimdim for US$31 million, and plans to use the company's technology to augment its Chatter enterprise collaboration platform.
It's been an interesting week watching all the many products coming out of this year's CES, with all their shiny new features and innovative appeal.
The Apache Software Foundation is extending its breadth of open-source software projects to include a package of data-management middleware developed by the NASA U.S. government space agency.
While much of the world's focus was on the Consumer Electronics Show Wednesday, Linux creator Linus Torvalds quietly released the next version of the Linux kernel.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSolution Architect/ Technical LeadQLD
- FTLooking for Software TestersACT
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- CCCloud Architect - AWSVIC
- FTLevel 2 Desktop SupportACT
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTProgramme ManagerACT
- CCData Migration Lead | Recruitment Focus | DocklandsVIC
- TPSenior Sitecore Developer (.NET)QLD
- FTSAP HANA ConsultantNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperNSW
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTImplementation Engineer - NetApp DATA ONTAPWA
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- TPSecurity AdvisorACT
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Process ConsultantNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware TesterACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst l GROUP LIFE INSURANCE l SydneyQLD