Ubuntu 11.04 may just be one of the most widely -- and sometimes even anxiously -- anticipated releases yet of Canonical's popular open source operating system.
Considerable fanfare greeted Friday's release of the ninth--and apparently final--beta version of Firefox 4, which boosted the popular Web browser with hundreds of bug fixes and a raft of powerful new features.
The volunteer developers behind Apache Tomcat have released version 7.0.6 of the open-source Java servlet container.
The cadre of volunteer developers behind the Cassandra distributed database have released the latest version of their open source software, able to hold up to 2 billion columns per row.
Firefox 4 is nearly ready for release, a recent post on Mozilla's developer mailing list suggests.
Each year, the editors and reviewers of the InfoWorld Test Center gather to look over the list of products that earned the highest marks in stand-alone reviews or came in first in multiproduct shoot-outs. We then determine which ones were particularl...
Anticipating greater use of BI (business intelligence) on the Web and in the cloud, Jaspersoft has rebuilt its software using a standards-based Web architecture.
In a move that will be seen by many as <strong>a sign of open-source advocates' influence</strong>, <strong>a filing in Germany </strong>to create a consortium led by Microsoft to buy Novell patents has been withdrawn.
In a move that will be seen by many as a big win for open-source advocates, a plan to create a consortium led by Microsoft to buy Novell patents has been withdrawn.
Open source software management provider Black Duck Software said Monday it has made its third acquisition in recent months and fourth overall, scooping up consulting firm Olliance Group for an undisclosed sum.
The volunteers behind the Joomla content management system will release version 1.6 of the open-source software today, which features considerable improvements in access control and page layout, among other enhancements.
Salesforce.com announced Thursday it has purchased Web conferencing software vendor Dimdim for US$31 million, and plans to use the company's technology to augment its Chatter enterprise collaboration platform.
It's been an interesting week watching all the many products coming out of this year's CES, with all their shiny new features and innovative appeal.
The Apache Software Foundation is extending its breadth of open-source software projects to include a package of data-management middleware developed by the NASA U.S. government space agency.
While much of the world's focus was on the Consumer Electronics Show Wednesday, Linux creator Linus Torvalds quietly released the next version of the Linux kernel.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- Dell & Alienware bringing Windows Mixed + Destiny 2 to PAX AUS
- Telstra reveals NBN payment plan amid market headwinds
- Xbox Fall Update: The biggest changes as Microsoft preps for the Xbox One X
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- CCSite Acquisition CoordinatorNSW
- FTService Desk Technical LeadOther
- TPApplication Packaging & Support ConsultantVIC
- FTIT Desktop ManagerOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTWorkday TesterVIC
- FTFront End DesignerOther
- FTSenior Software DeveloperSA
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- FTEAI DeveloperACT
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Applications EngineerNSW
- TPIT Project Manager - Large Complex CRM ImplementationNSW
- FTCloud Infrastructure Architect - Townsville Location - PermQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- CCBusiness/System Analyst- (Human Capital Management (HCM) )NSW
- FTOffice 365 Technical SpecialistOther
- FTMobile Application/ .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPLead Business AnalystNSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD