Nokia has started shipping the N9, its first and last smartphone based on the MeeGo operating system, the company said on Tuesday.
Nokia's acting Chief Technology Officer Henry Tirri is to stay on in the role, after his predecessor Rich Green left the company on Thursday following three months leave to deal with a "personal matter."
Several of Microsoft's business productivity applications will be available for free on Nokia's latest Symbian Belle smartphones later this year, Nokia announced Thursday.
The community section of Nokia's <a href="http://www.developer.nokia.com/">developer site </a>was hacked, and some member's e-mail addresses have been accessed, the mobile phone maker said.
A hot-button question lately in the rapidly-growing smartphone market: Can a company succeed at selling smartphones and tablets without owning the software and the hardware?
Nokia has launched the 101, the company's most affordable dual-SIM phone to date, which allows users in developing countries to switch between two different networks to lower costs and expand coverage, the company said on Thursday.
Nokia announced Belle, an update of Symbian, along with three phones running the software, on Wednesday at an event in Hong Kong, as it tries to keep consumers interested in the OS.
Nokia's promised Symbian Anna software update is ready and downloads will be available Thursday, the company said in a blog post.
Nokia said Wednesday that it has entered into an agreement with Polar Mobile to launch more than 300 mobile applications for Nokia smartphones, including upcoming models based on Windows Phone, over the next 12 months.
Nokia plans on launching Windows Phone 7 handsets through China's largest mobile phone carrier as the handset maker tries to fend off competition from Android devices and Apple's iPhone.
Mobile phone sales floundered during the second quarter, in the wake of the earthquake in Japan. But smartphone sales continued to grow, as Android extended its lead in the operating system race, according to market research company Gartner.
We knew it was going to happen, but Nokia's finally made it official: the company is killing off Symbian in North America. Nokia president Chris Weber revealed the (soon) death to AllThingD's Ina Fried on Tuesday.
Nokia and Microsoft's marriage of convenience may finally be ready to bear fruit.
The latest global market-share estimates for smartphones are out. And as we've come to expect from these regular exercises in mobile OS number-crunching, the news is bright for Apple and Google, but a bit bleak for Nokia, Research In Motion (RIM), an...
Finnish company Digia has opened an office in the U.S. in an effort to boost the commercial usage of a cross-platform application and user interface framework Qt, it said on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Tablet (2017) review: Competition pushes this competent tablet down
- Intel launches 8th-gen Core desktop chips, claims new Core i7-8700K is the best gaming chip ever
- Radeon RX Vega won't get 3-way or 4-way multi-GPU support in games
- Easy Fixes for Six Common Laptop Problems
- Intel kills its standalone Project Alloy VR headset, as PC-powered VR wins out
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - C++ and NodeQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCApplications Deployment/SupportQLD
- FTSnr Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - TableauOther
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerOther
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)NSW
- FTIT TechnicianOther
- FTSenior Tester - HardwareOther
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior BA Wealth ADVICEOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst- Data Analytics & banking backgroundOther
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- TP.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTBI Service Operations LeadOther
- CCAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- CCDevOps ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer - hands on roleOther