In addition to its 1GHz processor and OLED display, the Google Nexus One sports a multicolour trackball, light and proximity sensors, and a 5-megapixel camera
nexus one in pictures
Google's Nexus One, built by Taiwan's HTC, offers much of what one expects in a high-end 3G smartphone. Yet is it enough, and good enough, to give the iPhone 3GS a run for the money? Initial reviews like its design, speed and integration with the Web. With a two-year T-Mobile contract (at $US80 per month), Nexus costs $US179 (or $530 unlocked). A CDMA version is due with Verizon Wireless in Spring 2010. In this slideshow, we focus on some of the key differences, comparing the two smartphones in terms of their published specifications, with some comments from (and links to) early reviews and assessments of the Nexus.
The nation's biggest telco Telstra has taken a slice out of the cost of its flagship Android-based smartphone, the HTC Desire, just hours before rival Vodafone is slated to start selling Google's Nexus One handset, which has similar specifications an...
Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA) has announced it will launch Google's Nexus One smartphone in Australia on 1 July.
Google's groundbreaking model for selling Android phones from a single Web site is about to become history.
Google will stop selling its Nexus One online because the Android phone's <a href="http://www.google.com/phone">store</a> hasn't caught on with potential buyers, the company said Friday.
Sprint said on Monday that it no longer plans to support Google's Nexus One phone, making it increasingly uncertain that Google can achieve its vision for phone sales in the U.S.
The iPhone 4 has finally hit our shores, and the telcos will no doubt struggle to fill their back orders. So why not go for a phone that's currently in stock and probably has more features than the iPhone 4? Here's a list of the best free smartphones...
The Nexus One is dead, Jim.
2010 will be a landmark year for Google's Android operating system in Australia. Offering a number of benefits over Apple's iPhone including an open applications market, a customisable user interface and full multitasking, the Android platform contin...
Has any smartphone had a more unusual marketing campaign than the Nexus One? Google's touchscreen Android handset debuted in January to mostly favorable reviews.
Motorola can add one more item onto its list of Droid slogans: Droid does have more expensive hardware than the Nexus One. But only by a small margin.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition LeadQLD
- FTProject Manager - Accountin Finance and AssetWA
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- TPProgram Governance Lead (PMO)VIC
- FTData Analyst/ Reporting AnalystQLD
- FTlevel 2/3 SupportVIC
- TPNetwork and Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTWeb Developer - 2 PositionsQLD
- FT.NET Web DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTQlikview Developer | Contract 6-12mthVIC
- FTDemand Release ManagerNSW
- FTDealing Room Support Analyst - IPC voiceNSW
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- FTSystems EngineerVIC
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Nowra BasedNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW