A U.S. senator resurrected year-old questions about Google Street View cars sniffing Wi-Fi networks Tuesday, when he questioned a company representative about a patent application covering a process to pinpoint location based on nearby Wi-Fi signals.
The U.S. government and the country's top mobile phone service providers on Tuesday launched a public safety program that will allow people to receive emergency alerts via text message.
We often consider 21 to be a coming-of-age year, and the World Wide Web's impending 21st birthday will be no different.
LAS VEGAS -- At the Interop trade show this week, Dell will expand its networking, server and storage product lines to help users migrate from legacy data centers to those more heavily reliant on virtualization.
As of Monday, Verizon Wireless was 12 days late with the start of sales for its second LTE smartphone, the Droid Charge from Samsung, which was first promised on April 28.
The IEEE has formed a group to assess demand for a faster form of Ethernet, taking the first step toward what could become a Terabit Ethernet standard.
Cisco Systems has teamed up with Xerox to create a mobile printing system that lets users print from any device to any printer.
Fiber optic networks are at the forefront of record-setting Internet speeds. Now the scientists at the University of California, Berkeley have developed a graphene modulator that could push the curve forward by a ten-fold leap.
Chip maker Broadcom said Sunday that it will pay US$41.9 million for SC Square, a move that will bring expertise in smart-card security to the Irvine, California, architect of silicon for communications equipment.
The looming depletion of Internet addresses has split the networking world into "IPv4 diehards" and "IPv6 purists," but the real needs of businesses lie somewhere in between the views of these extremists, a Brocade Communications Systems executive sa...
Apple's quick response to concerns about user location tracking via its iPhones and iPads – in the form of iOS 4.3.3 released Wednesday – is earning the company praise from mobile industry watchers.
Hackers are still scrambling to break into Apple's iPad 2 code and now the scramble has become a race: Well-known iOS hacker George Hotz has apparently accepted a second hacker's challenge to be the first to dump the iPad boot ROM, which then will be...
Skyhook Wireless will be allowed to go forward with its Massachusetts lawsuit against Google, charging the search giant with trying to muscle Skyhook's Wi-Fi location technology out of the Android market. A state judge this week denied Google's reque...
A Maryland man has been sentenced to seven years in prison for directing a multimillion-dollar warranty fraud scheme targeting Cisco Systems, the U.S. Department of Justice announced.
An entrepreneur and over a dozen hip-hop artists are suing CBS over its part in contributing to piracy. The suit, filed by FilmOn founder Alki David in federal court on Wednesday, accuses CBS's CNET arm of exacerbating piracy problem by distributing...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Launceston becomes Australia’s first gigabit city
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTIT Systems EngineerQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSecurity ConsultantACT
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCGun Java/ Full Stack Developer wanted...VIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerQLD
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream people change program**NSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTCustomer Account Officers x3NSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTDevelopment and Delivery Manager - CloudACT
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANENSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystWA
- FTTRIM TrainersACT
- FTApplication AnalystSA
- FTEnterprise Architect - Solutions and ApplicationsQLD
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelVIC
- TPInstructional DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD