Nokia N97 takes aim at Apple's iPhone
n97 in pictures
Nokia introduced on Wednesday two new touchscreen smartphones that aim to spice up your mobile life. The new N97 Mini and the X6 feature tight integration with Facebook and improved specs over their predecessors.
Nokia has announced the N97 mini, a slightly smaller version of the existing N97, it said on Wednesday. The company also announced the X6, a new flagship music phone, which comes with a touch-screen and a 32GB built-in memory.
Nokia has announced the launch of a new version of its Ovi Maps software. It now includes live traffic updates delivered by Australian company Sentinel.
Nokia Australia today launched the N97 smartphone, the first mobile phone in the company's line-up to come preloaded with its Ovi application store.
"The hottest release of the summer," according to Nokia, is not the new iPhone 3G S or the Palm Pre. It's the N97, Nokia's newest high-end phone and one that few people have probably heard of.
Nokia's Symbian is the world's most popular mobile operating system according to the latest Gartner research. Despite the rise of the iPhone and Android platforms, Symbian still accounts for almost 47 per cent of smartphone sales in the world.
These days almost every mobile phone comes with a built-in camera. Although they are unlikely to replace a good quality, standalone digital camera, some of the latest mobile phones take excellent photos.
Browsing the Web while you're on the move is one of the perks of owning a smartphone. The new touchscreen phones now entering the market are ideal for this job, as they're equipped to display Web pages on their large, high-resolution screens.
On paper, the Nokia looks as if it could rival the other big phones of this summer, the Palm Pre, the Apple iPhone 3G S, and HTC's Android-based Magic. It has more memory than the other three, supports a wide range of multimedia files, and has a larg...
In the tech world at least, it seems 2009 is the year of the smartphone. Apple's recent announcement of the iPhone 3G S has kicked off what will be a very juicy line-up in the coming months.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Acer Aspire Vero review: An eco-friendly Windows 11 laptop
- 2 Windows 11 review: An unnecessary replacement for Windows 10
- 3 Sony WF-1000XM4 review: These noise-canceling earbuds have all-around appeal
- 4 Acer Swift X review: A rare ultraportable laptop with bite
- 5 Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station review: Good for venturing off the grid
Join the newsletter!
- Intel CEO pledges to beat Moore’s Law over the next decade
- AMD bundles Xbox Game Pass with Radeon graphics cards and Ryzen CPUs
- Intel unveils pricier Alder Lake CPUs, the ‘world’s best gaming processor’
- Intel XMP 3.0: Memory overclocking gets its first substantial upgrade since 2007
- Intel’s 12th gen pricing is aggressive AF
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- LG Gram 17 (2021) review: Super lightweight and primed for productivity
- Samsung's Galaxy Z Flip3 Bespoke Edition is a fashionista's dream
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 vs. RTX 3060 Ti: Which GPU should you buy?
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies