Details have emerged about Intel's upcoming Medfield chip platform for smartphones, which is due for release in 2011 and will succeed the company's existing Moorestown platform, which was originally announced in May.
Intel expects the first phones based on its Moorestown platform to be available early next year, and tablet PCs before that, it said Wednesday.
Intel plans to talk about its future technology and product plans at Computex, but doesn't have any big surprises lined up for the Taiwanese hardware show, which opened Tuesday.
Intel has set its sights on the burgeoning tablet computing market with its latest Moorestown chips, which the company believes will help break rival Arm's dominant position in the handheld device market.
Intel is going after the tablet market for its low-power processors, including an upcoming Atom processor designed for mobile phones, the company said.
Intel on Thursday showed the first smartphone based on its upcoming Moorestown platform for mobile devices.
Intel has made a number of power-saving enhancements to its Atom architecture that will be included in its upcoming Moorestown platform for smartphones, a company official said on Monday.
Anand Chandrasekher, the senior vice president of Intel's ultra mobility group, showed off a handful of sleek prototype mobile devices containing its upcoming Moorestown platform at the Computex exhibition in Taipei on Thursday.
Intel revealed more details about the future launch of its Moorestown chip platform at the Intel Developer Forum in Beijing on Wednesday, setting the target launch date at a firm 2010.
Putting Intel's Moorestown chip package inside a future version of the iPhone would make the smart phone less secure, according to an independent security researcher.
Intel and Ericsson Monday announced plans to team up in an effort to bring High Speed Packet Access to increasingly popular Mobile Internet Devices.
Intel on Wednesday said its next low-power chip for mobile phones is being readied for sampling -- progress for the chip maker that has big plans in the mobile space.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Microsoft's Surface Book 2 has a power problem
- This week in games: Battlefront II disables microtransactions, Total War goes to Britain
- Star Wars: Battlefront II review: The Dark Side
- iMovie 10 review: Free video editing that's elegant and easy
- Buffered VPN review: It gets the job done
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness Intelligence Reporting AnalystVIC
- FTPractice Director DevelopmentSA
- FTData Centre Support Engineer -| 6mth ContractOther
- CCSenior RF Engineer - OptimisationVIC
- FTMarketing and Advertising Project/Sales SupportOther
- CCCRM Technical ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- TPSenior Network EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Change Analyst, Governance & AssuranceOther
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCIntegration SpecialistQLD
- TPPrincipal PO|PI DeveloperQLD
- TPAzure DevOps ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Strategy Specialist - Direct / ConsumerOther
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Business Case - Risk & Compliance - ContractNSW
- FTPersonal AssistantSA
- FTSenior Agile Software Business AnalystOther
- FTDigital Content Manager | AEM , HTML and CSSOther
- FTUX Designer | Mobile ApplicationsOther
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Java Developer (Brisbane Location)ACT