Developers got their first look at MeeGo last week, with the release of key components of the as-yet unfinished operating system.
MSI and Novell will ship in February the first netbook based on the SUSE Moblin open-source Linux operating system. The pair is showing the device at this week's CES event in Las Vegas.
Intel has made available for download its latest Linux-based operating system, Moblin 2.1, just a few days after announcing the new software.
Intel has expanded the scope of Linux-based Moblin by porting the OS from netbooks to mobile devices and desktops, where it could compete with Microsoft's Windows OS.
A new Linux netbook based on Moblin will be introduced this week, and it may represent a new way that the Linux community is approaching the mass market.
Moblin is an Intel-created open-source operating system for netbooks and, specifically, the kind of people who use them.
Moblin, short for mobile Linux, is a free open-source operating system originally developed by Intel for its low-power Atom processor and designed to run on devices, including netbooks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- OnePlus 5 review: This mid-range Android phone is speedy inside, but stale outside
- PNY GTX 1080 Ti XLR8 OC review: A gorgeous graphics card with great value
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectOther
- FTSales / Account ManagerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTx2 Senior Test Analyst/Lead - DWH - Informatica ETLOther
- CCSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCSolaris Migration SpecialistACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTCommunications Lead/ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Cloud BIOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTFront End Developer (Mid-Level)Other
- FTSenior Information Security ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Microsoft SQL Designer/ArchitectOther
- FTService Management Specialist (ServiceNow) - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCData ArchitectVIC
- FTRelease and Deployment ManagerOther
- FTOrganizational Change ManagerACT
- FTIT Project SchedulerOther
- FTSecurity Solutions ManagerWA
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- CCSenior Network Architect - CloudVIC
- FTICT Programme Director – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- TPTest AnalystVIC