HTC has cancelled plans to develop a larger Windows RT tablet because demand for tablets based on the Microsoft operating system has been weak.
The U.S. government has lifted sanctions on the export of a variety of consumer communications devices, software and services including mobile phones to Iran ahead of elections in that country.
The tug-of-war over Clearwire looks set to continue for at least another two weeks as the struggling mobile operator postponed a special shareholder meeting once again to consider Dish Network's latest bid.
Tumblr is now putting ads in users' feeds on the desktop, in what could be the first move toward making sure the social blogging site is a profitable business for Yahoo.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should cap the participation of carriers AT&T and Verizon Wireless in upcoming spectrum auctions to ensure mobile competition going forward, representatives of consumer groups and smaller carriers said.
Google is trying to make it easier to find nutrition information online for a wide range of foods with a new search feature whose aim is to address the "cumbersome and daunting process" of making smart eating choices.
Mobile users can probably look forward to being automatically transferred from cellular to Wi-Fi networks in the near future, but going back and forth for the best possible performance is another matter.
Mobile payments startup Payleven has struck a deal that calls for Apple to start selling chip-and-PIN readers in its retail stores across Europe.
Digital Agenda Commissioner, Neelie Kroes, on Thursday called on the European Parliament to support her plans for an end to roaming charges and guaranteed net neutrality. Yet contrary to media reports, no concrete legislation has been presented.
Dish Network has boosted its bid for Clearwire to US$4.40 per share, 29 percent above Sprint Nextel's most recent offer, and said it is prepared to buy up the stock of a minority of shareholders.
Government panel the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) has given its approval for Japanese mobile carrier SoftBank to acquire a majority stake in Sprint Nextel in a US$20 billion deal.
Verizon Wireless customers buying the recently released Samsung Galaxy S4 will be the first who can start using a new spectrum band that the carrier will start turning on later this year.
The European Commission has sent a questionnaire to a number of mobile operators in the European Union, focusing on whether its distribution terms with these providers may put Apple at an advantage over other smartphone makers, according to a newspap...
Judging from the number of people poring over their smartphones on the sidewalk, in their cars and in public places, mobile seems to have stolen our attention away from the wired Internet and traditional TV.
Users in the U.K. and France will have to wait a bit longer to get their hands on the HTC First. The first smartphone to come preinstalled with Facebook Home has been delayed in those countries while Facebook updates the software to address some nega...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI Wins COMPUTEX Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCMaster Data Officer - SAPNSW
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- CCUX DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer / Technical LeadQLD
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsVIC
- FTSenior Microwave Transmission EngineerNSW
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- FTBusiness Process ConsultantNSW
- FTDatabase Developer - SQLACT
- FTDemand Release ManagerNSW
- FTBI Developers - 4 positionsQLD
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC