Replacement Galaxy Note7 smartphones are safe, Samsung said in attempting to reassure customers this week after reports that consumers in South Korea, China and the U.S. said the replacement devices were running too hot.
Preliminary data from U.S. sales of Apple's newest iPhones suggested that the larger 7 Plus was outselling the smaller 7, which would be a first, a market research firm said.
Developers behind several popular, well-reviewed iOS camera apps eagerly incorporate short-term photo enhancements and anticipate more to come.
It's another sign that Google is abandoning the longtime Nexus name in favor of 'Pixel' for its upcoming smartphones.
The stopgap measure is coming first to South Korea in an attempt to douse the flames of the ongoing exploding phones scandal.
Canada has recalled over 21,900 Galaxy Note7 smartphones after receiving a report of the overheating of the battery of one phone.
Some customers missed out on getting a device via the iPhone Upgrade Program. Now, Apple is trying to make it right.
Micron is now shipping to mobile device makers samples of a new 32GB NAND flash card line that is based on its 32-layer 3D memory. Micron said it's the industry’s densest mobile storage.
While the modular concept was interesting, the G5 hasn't kept pace with other Android smartphones.
The Moto G4, G4 Play, and G4 Plus are a curious expansion to Motorola's budget smartphone line.
Microsoft's new patent filing envisions a trackpoint with an embedded fingerprint sensor, enabling Windows Hello in mobile devices.
The update also makes several interface improvements, though it's only for Nexus devices.
Jon, Jason, and Gordon discuss the latest mega smartphones, dismal PC sales, and whether you will soon have a 10-core CPU.
Love the manual camera controls. Love the display. The battery-swapping scheme is better than ever, but the LG G5 still has a few problems.
The company plans to launch two more Android phones this year before it decides to quit the device business.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTHCM Project Manager & Service Implementation Manager - SAP HRNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCData ArchitectACT
- FTManager - Commercial ClientsACT
- CCSenior Network Architect - CCIEVIC
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTWeb Developer - VR 3D WebGL - Lake MacquarieNSW
- FTIntegration EngineerACT
- FTManager, DevOpsQLD
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerVIC
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - MurwillumbahNSW
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Change and Process ImprovementQLD
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Nowra BasedNSW
- CCCloud Architect - AzureVIC
- FTInformation Security ArchitectQLD
- TPSolution Architect - InfrastructureQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTApplication Support EngineerNSW