Microsoft isn't letting freeloaders into its Xbox Insider program any longer. Instead, you'll have to prove that you're worthy enough to ascend to the highest of four Insider tiers.
Microsoft's Office Lens camera app is now a part of both Word and PowerPoint for iOS and Android. It will become really useful, though, once true OCR machine-reading capabilities are added.
Microsoft debuted a new cloud-based Intune management tool, supported by a number of new low-cost PCs, in a bid to oust Google-powered Chromebooks from American classrooms.
Microsoft said Monday that members of its Insider Program for Xbox One will start seeing the first Creators Update features, including UI improvements that add updated Home screens, Guide, and audio options.
Microsoft has resurrected its free Windows 10 upgrade, aiming the deal at small- and mid-sized businesses that passed on the earlier offer.
Microsoft's Twitch competitor, Beam, launches Beam.pro, which has moved out of beta with support for 10Mbps streams with resolutions up to 1440p.
Microsoft's taskbar ads continue. This time with a Microsoft-made extension for Chrome.
Microsoft will shut down its Microsoft Garage experiment, Cache, which had a chance to compete with market leaders Google Keep and Evernote.
Microsoft's Insider build 15014 for Windows 10 PCs and phones adds the ebook store that leaked earlier, plus some handy disk utilities and other upgrades.
Microsoft's decision to stop development of Minecraft: Pocket Edition means there is no Minecraft game for Windows phones under active development.
Microsoft is testing a new feature with Cortana for Android that lets users access the digital personal assistant from the lock screen.
A leaked build from MSPowerUser shows how Microsoft plans to plug the last remaining hole in its content library: ebooks.
Microsoft's patent for a foldable phone/tablet is approved, suggesting Microsoft still has mobile aspirations. But the patent dates from 2014, a time when the company's mobile fortunes were more favorable than they are now.
An early version of Windows 10's expected Game Mode has made an appearance in Build 15007.
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15007, Microsoft's second build in a week, adds improvements both functional (in Edge, Cortana, and Mobile) and aesthetic (a new themes section in the Store).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Titan Souls is free for Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime subscribers
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTRecord Management Support OfficerACT
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)WA
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- CCPrimary Support OfficeACT
- CCProcurement & Contract SpecialistNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- TPSoftware Engineer / DeveloperQLD
- TPSolution Architect - InfrastructureQLD
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- CCABAP ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEWA
- FTSenior DeveloperNSW
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCPeopleSoft DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- CCSharepoint Analyst / DeveloperQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW