Microsoft said you should expect to see previews of the Office 2019 apps next quarter, but you'll need Windows 10 to run them.
A report claims that Microsoft will begin shipping several new versions of Windows 10 for consumers in a few months, as well as making Windows 10 S the default mode for Windows.
Microsoft's $799 Surface Laptop has a Core m3 processor and Windows 10 S.
While Microsoft's Windows Defender frowned upon "optimizer" or "cleaner" apps that didn't explain what they did, it's drawing the line on "scareware" apps that tell you that your PC will be ruined if you don't pay up.
Microsoft chief executive Satya Nadella tried to respond to concerns that Microsoft's consumer strategy may be floundering, though his response wasn't especially convincing.
As Intel warns against installing its latest Spectre patch, Microsoft issues a new patch to remove the older one -- along with the ability to toggle protections on and off.
Microsoft has signaled that the next Windows 10 update, codenamed 'Redstone 4,' may look a lot like the Insider Build 17083 the company just released. Hints of what's to come include new font settings, adjustments to Timeline and Quiet Hours, plus pr...
Microsoft said Wednesday that it plans to add more granular privacy controls to Windows 10, including an app that reports all of the raw data Microsoft knows about you, plus a more comprehensive way for you to manage it.
Parent should be alert to the new Immersive Reader dictation feature coming to Office 365 apps. It's a convenience for adults that could end up as a crutch for young students.
Microsoft phased out support for Windows 8.1 last week, making the upgrade to Windows 10 a more urgent choice. The last remaining free upgrade path, the so-called assistive technology loophole, is closing soon.
Microsoft says that an older version of Windows or older Intel silicon will experience a noticeable performance hit when applying a Spectre patch. Intel is less detailed in its performance information.
Major PC makers like Asus, Acer, and HP will use Amazon's Alexa digital assistant, highlighting Microsoft's weakness in natural language and smart-home control.
Intel acknowledged the presence of a vulnerability in its CPUs that had the potential to gather sensitive data from PCs. The company added that chips from ARM and AMD were vulnerable, and downplayed warnings of a performance hit from the upcoming pat...
Remixes, mashups, live tracks: Here's why you'll want to store your archived MP3s on OneDrive and access them via Windows 10's Groove Music app—even if you have a Spotify subscription.
Microsoft's Fall Creators Update of Windows 10 includes a beta of an eye-tracking technology, called Eye Control. What could be a solid eye tracker falls short due to an apparent bug.
So, what do I want out of my next laptop and what must it include?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- 2 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 3 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 4 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 5 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080 review: An ice-cold, whisper-silent beast of a graphics card
- IronWolf Pro 14TB Hard Drive review: Seagate's best gets more capacity and speed
- Frozen Synapse 2 review: Six-second shootouts and cyberpunk city sim
- Logitech G Pro Gaming Headset review: Dead simple and damn good
- Google's new search features tap AI to make your Android phone and PC even smarter
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Panasonic FZ1000U OLED TV: Full, in-depth, review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies