LGS Innovations, a company formed during the Alcatel-Lucent merger to supply technology to the U.S. government, has been sold to a pair of U.S.-based investment companies for about US$200 million.
Oracle is set to acquire business-to-consumer marketing software vendor Responsys for US$1.5 billion in a bid to flesh out its own capabilities as well as strike back at rivals such as Salesforce.com and Microsoft.
Continuing to bulk up on its cloud software portfolio, IBM is acquiring Aspera, a company with an Emmy-award-winning, high-speed bulk data transfer protocol.
Ebay's PayPal division said on Tuesday it is acquiring StackMob, a company specializing in development tools for building mobile applications.
Semiconductor company Avago Technologies has agreed to buy storage and networking company LSI for US$6.6 billion in an effort to expand its data center offerings.
Intel is taking steps to acquire wireless assets in order to compete with chip rivals such as Qualcomm and Mellanox in the mobile device and data center market.
Sprint is considering an acquisition of T-Mobile US that would reduce the U.S. mobile industry to three large carriers if approved by regulators.
To make its mark in the mobile gaming industry, ARM acquired video game lighting effects company Geomerics.
Microsoft's acquisition of Skype is compatible with European Union competition law, the General Court of the E.U. ruled Wednesday.
Verizon has signed an agreement to acquire EdgeCast Networks, in an effort to enhance its video delivery and Web services capabilities.
Yahoo may soon be broadcasting more concerts following its acquisition of live music streaming startup Evntlive.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has given its blessing to Verizon Communication's proposed US$130 billion purchase of the stake that Vodafone Group has in Verizon Wireless.
The European Commission has cleared Microsoft's acquisition of the devices and services division of Finland's Nokia, it said Wednesday.
Yahoo has acquired Ptch, the startup behind a mobile app that allowed users to combine photos and video on their phones into movies, and the service will shut down by January.
Toshiba has offered to buy the assets of OCZ Technology, a solid-state drive manufacturer on the verge of bankruptcy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSQL Analyst DeveloperNSW
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSharepoint Analyst / DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Manager - Salesforce ImplementationVIC
- FTNodeJS and AngularJS DeveloperQLD
- FTProgram Manager - EducationNSW
- CCTechnical WriterVIC
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTData Analyst / Reporting SpecialistNSW
- FTSystem AnalystNSW
- TPData Migration LeadNSW
- FTNode.js DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Security Engineer x 3NSW
- FTBI Developers - 4 positionsQLD
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- TPReporting DeveloperWA
- TPSenior Developer Azure Power BINSW
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - End User ComputingNSW
- FTDelivery Co-ordinatorsQLD
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsACT
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectNSW