Microsoft's seizure of domains from a DNS service provider has also disrupted some state-sponsored cyberespionage campaigns, according to security vendor Kaspersky Lab.
Eastern European-based attackers gained access to the networks of energy providers by tampering with software updates for industrial control systems, gaining a foothold that could be used for sabotage, Symantec said Monday.
Microsoft has taken legal action to combat the spread of malware that the company says can be traced to bad actors in Kuwait and Algeria.
There is yet another reason to be wary of spam email about bank transfers or invoices -- it could be carrying a new, cleverly designed malware program that steals financial information.
A rare Android worm that propagates itself to other users via links in text messages has been discovered by security researchers.
Malicious software that swaps itself for legitimate online banking applications is striking users in South Korea, with thousands of devices infected in the last week, according to a Chinese mobile security company.
A European bank may have lost as much as €500,000 (US$682,000) in a week earlier this year, according to Kaspersky Lab, which analyzed data on a server used in attacks against online banking users in Italy and Turkey.
Governments are increasingly using spyware for mobile devices to monitor targets, raising questions over the possible misuse of such tools, a new study suggests.
Following a downward trend during the past two years, the number of new rootkit samples rose in the first quarter of this year to a level not seen since 2011, according to statistics from security vendor McAfee.
A malware threat previously used in attacks against energy sector companies is now being aimed at organizations that use or develop industrial applications and machines.
AskMen.com, a popular website with millions of monthly visitors, was redirecting visitors to other domains that delivered the Caphaw malware, according to security vendor WebSense.
An unknown person or group reportedly stole the cryptographic key used by Nokia to digitally sign applications for Symbian OS and extorted millions of euros from the company in 2007 by threatening to make the key public.
A vulnerability allows attackers to disable Microsoft's antimalware products by sending specifically crafted files to users via websites, email or instant messaging applications.
Victims of Simplocker, the first file-encrypting ransomware threat for Android devices, can recover files without paying cybercriminals because the malicious program uses a hardcoded encryption key.
Security researchers said they've spotted a new type of banking malware that rivals the capabilities of the infamous Zeus malware.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
- Hands-on: Surviving Mars captures the excitement and dread of launching a colony mission
- Dell XPS 15 (2017) review: Kaby Lake and a 4K display make a difference
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Hands-on: Middle Earth: Shadow of War gets more creative with Tolkien's universe
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDesktop Support EngineerVIC
- FTChange AnalystOther
- CCTechnical Project Manager - CloudNSW
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW
- CCPerformance TesterNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- FTSecurity Engineer - SIEMNSW
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.Other
- TPData Analyst/MungerVIC
- FTSenior Data AnalystOther
- FTEmail Marketing SpecialistOther
- TPTest Analyst - Web ApplicationsQLD
- FTSenior Business Consultant - FinanceQLD
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsOther
- FTContracts Admin/ Commercial Analyst- NSW Government backgroundOther
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTOperations and Infrastructure Manager -NationalOther
- CCSolaris Migration SpecialistACT
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTSenior PHP Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- TPUAT CoordinatorQLD
- FTProject - PMO - ManagerNSW
- FTReporting AnalystSA
- FTSenior .Net Full Stack DeveloperOther