An Android Trojan program that's behind one of the longest running multipurpose mobile botnets has been updated to become stealthier and more resilient.
Around 45 percent of Android devices have a browser that is vulnerable to two serious security issues, but some countries have a considerably larger percentage of affected users than others, according to data from mobile security firm Lookout.
The fingerprint sensor in Apple's new iPhone 5S has the potential to enhance the security of the device, but the devil will be in the details.
Samsung Knox smartphones will include mobile security software from Lookout to protect business users from mobile threats, the San Francisco company said Tuesday.
Mobile security vendor Lookout plans to start flagging as adware mobile apps that use aggressive ad networks if they don't obtain explicit consent from users before engaging in behavior that potentially invades privacy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Surface Pro is Microsoft's long-awaited Surface Pro 4 upgrade, restyled as a laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSupport Analyst - TallymanVIC
- CCSenior Network Architect - CCIEVIC
- CCTesting Manager - Energy sectorVIC
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Integration OfficerQLD
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEQLD
- TPNode.js DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 Service Desk Support Engineer / Project ManagerQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCSQL Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerSA
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- FTlevel 2/3 SupportVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT