Providing an alternative to the Microsoft-dominated desktop, Canonical later this month will offer a version of its desktop Linux OS featuring a new look and feel, faster boot speed and accommodations for social networks.
On Tuesday, a jury in Utah sided with Novell in its long-running legal dispute with SCO.
Open-source enterprise software company Red Hat has updated its flagship operating system, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), to take full advantage of the latest spoils from the heated microprocessor battle between Advanced Micro Devices and Intel.
Open source enterprise software company Red Hat has updated its virtualization platform, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (REV), to include support for desktop virtualization, the company announced Monday.
"Lucid Lynx" is the codename given to Canonical's Ubuntu Linux 10.04, now in beta, which adds social networking features and a new look to the popular Linux distribution. A final release is due April 29, the company said.
Some Linux users insist that anything you can do on Windows, you can do better on Linux. While there's some truth to that, many of us have Windows applications that make completely leaving Windows close to impossible. That's where CodeWeavers' latest...
While cloud computing is merely a label given to the latest evolution of what organizations have been doing for a long time, one consistent component in the cloud has been Linux, said Jim Elliott, IBM Canada Ltd.'s Linux champion.
North Korea has reportedly developed its own version of the Linux operating with a graphical user interface that closely resembles Microsoft Windows.
The North Korean government appears to have developed its own graphical Linux-based "Red Star" operating system, though its people still prefer that symbol of Yankee high-tech imperialism, Microsoft Windows.
Gadget gurus and nerds rejoice! Nokia's latest touch-screen smartphone, the Nokia N900, is finally landing Down Under in April.
Cisco Systems will soon release a VPN client for smartphones and PCs aimed at enterprise administrators who want to provide secure access to their networks and ward off malicious software.
Mozilla yesterday released updates for its Firefox Web browser to shore up vulnerabilities in the 3.5.x and 3.0.x browser versions.
Canonical has updated its flagship Ubuntu Linux operating system to version 8.10 “Intrepid Ibex” with the KDE-centric distribution, Kubuntu, the first to ship with KDE4 as the default desktop.
Mark Shuttleworth, the South African-born entrepreneur who founded Linux distribution provider Canonical, will be stepping down from his post as company CEO, Canonical announced. Jane Silber, currently the chief operating officer and director of onli...
IBM has expanded its server lineup with a new mainframe system designed just for Linux that may be aimed, in particular, at higher-end x86 systems.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- This week in games: Civilization III for free, Halloween modes shower treats and tricks
- Newegg's selling a 35-inch 2560x1080 curved monitor for $449 today
- Harman Kardon Invoke hands-on: Cortana enters the smart speaker market with a boom
- iPhone 8 Plus vs. LG G6: Which has the best camera in a smartphone?
- Logitech G703 review: A mainstream wireless mouse with some exceptional features
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork and Security ArchitectNSW
- TPSoftware DeveloperSA
- FTL1/L2 Helpdesk Technician - FIFOWA
- FTSenior Java Developer - marketsVIC
- CCSecurity AdministratorQLD
- FTiMIS EngineerOther
- FTProgram Manager - SaaSQLD
- FTPermanent Project ManagersACT
- FTDigital Producer | High Profile Website | 6 Month ContractOther
- CCWindows 10 Deployment TechnicianWA
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- CCIseries Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTLead Strategy Manager - ConsultancyOther
- CCSenior Test Data Management ConsultantVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Engineer - Data CentreNSW
- TPProject DirectorQLD
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTCustomer Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTDevOps Engineer/ LeadOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior SQL DeveloperOther