The Linux Foundation will offer a Linux development course on edX, the massive open online course (MOOC) platform developed by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University. The move is part of an edX effort, announced Thursday, to...
RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) is now available on Amazon Web Services' GovCloud, an isolated part of Amazon's cloud designed for U.S. government agencies.
Wind River Systems has updated its widely used VxWorks embedded RTOS (real-time operating system) to make it ready for use on impending "Internet of things" systems.
Linux is everywhere, if you look for it.
If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, might the folks in Cupertino be pleased when they see the latest version of North Korea's home-grown operating system?
Red Hat plans to take a greater role in the community developing CentOS, in the hope of attracting more paying customers to Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), the distribution on which CentOS is based.
This year saw the completion of the city of Munich's switch to Linux, a move that began about ten years ago. "One of the biggest lessons learned was that you can't do such a project without continued political backing," said Peter Hofmann, the leader...
For the next generation of its flagship enterprise Linux distribution, Red Hat aims to support new cloud technologies while preserving the ways of the seasoned system administrator.
What to expect in the world of Linux in the upcoming year.
Oracle has fully integrated the long-awaited Linux DTrace debugging tool into the latest release of its Linux distribution, potentially allowing administrators and developers to pinpoint the cause of thorny performance issues with more accuracy.
Joining Fedora and Ubuntu, the new version of the community driven OpenSUSE can now be run on AArch64 processors, further preparing the market for servers running on the new 64-bit ARM architecture.
Enterprise open-source software vendor Red Hat is keeping an eye on the development of 64-bit ARM processors for servers, building up expertise in case the nascent platform takes hold in the data center.
Linux operating system creator Linus Torvalds has proposed that Linux 4.0, an upcoming release of the open-source software, should be dedicated to stability and bug fixing.
Canonical continues to make the Ubuntu server edition speedier and more versatile in cloud environments.
It was 30 years ago today -- which is to say Sept. 27, 1983 -- that the seeds were planted for both Linux and the open source software movement, though neither is called that name by the man who help set both of them into motion, the irascible Richar...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior PHP Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTAdministration Support Officers - APS 5/6ACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - SMEOther
- FTSenior Systems EngineerOther
- TPAnalyst Program SupportVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTC# DeveloperOther
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectOther
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- CCData Warehouse Test AnalystQLD
- FTProject Implementation ManagerOther
- CCMigration Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- CCCRM/.Net DeveloperACT
- FTSystems EngineerOther
- CCDevOps Engineer/ AdministratorQLD
- CCICT Training ManagerNSW
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - MoreeNSW
- CCSAP Support ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer - IP routing & switchingOther
- FTVoice Solution Engineer - Telecommunications (cisco)Other
- CCTechnical Delivery Lead - BillingVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC