The author of a successful White House petition calling on government officials to legalize the unlocking of mobile phones has turned his attention to broader reform of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Three U.S. lawmakers have introduced a bill to provide more protection from government surveillance for people who store data in the cloud.
Professional social networking service LinkedIn won the dismissal of a lawsuit seeking damages on behalf of premium users who had their log-in passwords exposed as a result of a security breach of the company's servers last year.
Samsung filed the most patent applications in Europe last year according figures released by the European Patent Office (EPO) on Wednesday.
Europe's antitrust chief on Wednesday announced a substantial €561 million fine on Microsoft, but it could have been even higher he said.
Europe's antitrust chief on Wednesday announced a €561 million (US$731 million) fine on Microsoft for its failure to include a browser choice page in its upgrade to Windows 7 in 2011.
A U.S. senator has proposed a bill that will allow consumers to unlock cellphones for use in other networks, after the administration of President Barack Obama backed over 114,000 petitioners who asked the government to legalize the unlocking of smar...
The European Commission will ask the German government to explain more about a draft bill that aims to protect publishers against systematic access to copyright content by search engine providers such as Google.
The European Commission is expected to announce an antitrust fine on Microsoft on Wednesday.
The Pirate Bay claims that North Korea has offered to provide network connectivity for its controversial search engine, which has faced a years-long battle to stay online.
In another breakthrough for China's anti-piracy efforts, four major record labels have signed a deal to license music to a Chinese Internet firm in exchange for royalties, after the company had previously been accused of hosting links to illegal musi...
A judge has ordered a partial retrial in Apple's patent lawsuit against Samsung in California, and has cut hundreds of millions of dollars from the $1 billion in damages that Apple was awarded last summer.
The German Bundestag has adopted a controversial, but weakened, online copyright bill that gives publishers the exclusive right to make commercial use of their publications on the Internet.
A court in the U.K. has ordered key Internet service providers in the country to block three torrent sites on a complaint from music labels including EMI Records and Sony Music.
Megaupload lost a bid on Friday to see a trove of evidence held by U.S. prosecutors prior to extradition proceedings expected to begin later this year in New Zealand.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Newegg is selling a 34-inch 3440-by-1440 display for $480 today
- Google's Instant Apps hit the Play Store as a big step toward a future of cloud-based apps
- Moto X4 Review: A good reminder of what a great deal looks like
- Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- Opinion: KRACK makes it clear who is and who isn't ready for the next big cyber security crisis
PCW Evaluation Team
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTHR Analyst - Remuneration & PerformanceOther
- FTTechnical Architect/DeveloperOther
- FTWorkday TesterVIC
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- TPSales Representative/Account Manager - Global CorporationNSW
- FTPerformance Tester - Load RunnerACT
- FTAccount ManagerACT
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- FTDevOps Engineer | Leading SaaS Product CompanyOther
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperOther
- FTFront End DesignerOther
- TPSAP ABAP DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Security Assurance AnalystOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTCommunications Specialist- Change / MarketingOther
- FTIntegration Specialist / DeveloperQLD
- FTProject AnalystOther
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantACT
- FTDeveloper- Xamarin, ASP.Net, Ajax, Java Script, MVC , AndroidOther
- CCTechnical Writer - Based in BrisbaneNSW
- TPSenior ServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- FTService Desk Level 2 Support ConsultantOther
- FTICT Infrastructure / Server EngineerSA
- FTSenior Business ArchitectOther
- TPSenior Project OfficerQLD