Apple's new iPad remains the tablet to beat, but this is a minor upgrade over its predecessor
The iPad mini is an exceptionally built tablet with a fantastic app library, but it's let down by a less than stellar display
Apple released a very narrowly targeted update for iOS on Monday--one many iOS users might never notice, in fact.
Google's new Maps app for iPhone arrived in the App Store late Wednesday, in a move likely to please users disappointed with Apple Maps in iOS 6. While the new app leverages Google's robust mapping data, it has a few weak spots of its own--most notab...
Much as we might like iOS 6 around these parts, it's not without its flaws and foibles. Hence Apple's release of iOS 6.0.1 for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
In just four short weeks, iOS 6’s Passbook feature has totally revolutionized the life of you, me, and everybody we know.
Your iPhone and iPad can speak aloud any text you can select. In this video, I'll show you how to enable that feature, and how to type emoji symbols in your text, too.
Jailbreaking--the process that enables you to install unauthorized-by-Apple third-party apps and additional features on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad--has been in a largely dormant state since the release of iOS 6. But it's back again.
My month with Windows Phone has drawn to a close, and the decision is before me: Do I stick with the Lumia 920, or return to my iPhone 5? There is perhaps no better description of my answer than that provided by the inimitable Peaches and Herb.
The water and dust resistant Sony Xperia Z is the company's new flagship Android phone for 2013. How will it stack up against Apple's iPhone 5?
iOS 5 dropped an important control that had existed in iOS 4: a switch to turn notifications off.
Despite its aesthetic achievements, Apple's Maps app in iOS 6 left a lot of users unhappy. Turns out that the years Google spent building out its mapping data were hugely important; Apple's data - which powered its new Maps app - didn't have the rea...
Nothing's perfect, and operating systems are no exception.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- TPSolution Architect - InfrastructureQLD
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Salesforce ImplementationVIC
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect - CCIEVIC
- FTSenior Solution Designer/ ConsultantVIC
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- TPTechnical AnalystVIC
- TPIT Security SpecialistVIC
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- CCManaging Architect - Satellite - TelcoVIC
- FTSoftware TesterACT
- TPBusiness Intelligence Test ManagerNSW
- CCTransport EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTData Analyst | $51 p/hrVIC
- FTIteration ManagerQLD
- FTAutomation Tester | C# & Selenium | Leading SaaS FintechNSW