NewsBlur, by developer Samuel Clay, is an online news reader that offers a sophisticated interface, machine-learning and story sharing. It's everything Google Reader should have been, had Google taken a more lasting interest in it.
U.S. officials should be condemned for "bullying" other nations in their attempts to get them to turn over Edward Snowden, the former U.S. National Security Agency contractor, who leaked classified information on massive surveillance programs there, ...
The way in which European cloud computing contracts are drawn up is to come under scrutiny by a team of experts.
Microsoft is investing US$678 million in the expansion of its data center in West Des Moines, Iowa.
A foundation created last year to shepherd Bitcoin's software development has received a stern warning from a California financial regulator.
A bug on Facebook leaked email addresses and phone numbers provided by some 6 million people on the site to certain other users, the company revealed Friday.
Trusting the cloud to handle sensitive transactions and security services isn't for every enterprise, but organisations from banks to app developers are starting to give it a try.
Rackspace is now offering hosted versions of the MongoDB data store, using MongoDB management technologies it acquired from its purchase of ObjectRocket in February. It also has contracted with 10gen, the company shepherding the open source MongoDB, ...
Instagram looks the same. It feels the same. But there's more oomph now with video.
For the better part of a year, Oracle has touted the "pluggable database" feature in its upcoming 12c database release as a significant architectural shift that will usher in major performance and efficiency improvements and also make cloud-based app...
Once-mighty America Online appears to be working on a new RSS reader product, with about a week to go before Google pulls the plug on its own Reader.
The U.S. Congress should press for privacy protections and more information about surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency, some technology and civil liberties activists said Friday.
A U.K. regulatory group is giving Google 35 days to delete what remains of the data collected by its Street View cars in the U.K., and is using the threat of legal action to compel the company to comply.
Capgemini is introducing a hybrid cloud orchestration service focused on Microsoft products, although enterprises will be able to manage any load with the offering, including applications running on Linux, the company said.
Google is hoping to appease developers that want better portability for their hosted apps by working with Red Hat on running App Engine in private clouds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Titan Souls is free for Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime subscribers
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- CCInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPTechnical AnalystVIC
- FTManagement AccountantNSW
- FTCustomer Account Officers x3NSW
- TPProject Manager - ProcurementQLD
- TPProject Manager - SOE / Office 365VIC
- CCSQL Server DBAQLD
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- FTDIRECTOR PROJECT DELIVERY, WELLINGTONNZ
- CCBlue Prism DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTTest Manager / Test LeadQLD
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksQLD