Workday has unveiled a new software module for its cloud-based HCM (human capital management) application that allows customers to analyze data from both Workday and third-party sources.
Twitter has acquired MoPub, a mobile-focused advertising exchange that could help the social network grow its ad business as more users move away from the desktop.
Facebook, Google and Yahoo on Monday filed petitions with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court as part of a renewed collective effort to provide more information to their users about government data requests.
In perhaps China's toughest push to crack down on online defamation, authorities have unveiled measures that could send Internet users to jail for up to three years if found guilty of posting slanderous rumors.
Microsoft is expanding its Xbox Music service to iOS and Android devices, and also adding free streaming via the Web.
Facebook revealed a new tool that enables news organisations to tap into user comments and display them online or on TV in real-time.
Google's rivals on Monday called for a second full review of the search giant's latest proposed measures aimed at avoiding a fine from the European Commission for allegedly breaking competition rules.
Yahoo received 12,444 requests from the U.S. government for user data in the first half of this year, resulting in 11,402 instances of data disclosure, it said Friday in its first transparency report.
Auction giant eBay wants to know how you feel about Bitcoin.
Facebook has laid out big plans in recent months to simplify the app development process by acquiring Parse. But the social network actually had its eye on the cloud service company for years, and at one point the two considered a different partnersh...
Facebook is seen as a website for connecting people. Now the company also wants to make it easier for outside developers to build their apps and connect them with users, by providing back-end hosting tools.
Six privacy groups have asked the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to strike down proposed changes to Facebook's policies, as they violate a 2011 settlement with the agency over user privacy.
Yahoo's logo is now a little bit sleeker, under a redesign unveiled Wednesday in keeping with the company's reinvention efforts.
Searching through Twitter's archive of tweets can be frustrating -- they are sorted on the site by Twitter's own algorithms, and older tweets tend to get buried. Google? Forget it. Topsy, an analytics company, wants to do it better.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's excellent C920 webcam is just $50 today
- Audio-Technica ATH-AG1X review: A good gaming headset with one killer flaw
- Sennheiser GSP 350 review: A gaming headset that sounds a lot better than it looks
- Sennheiser Game Zero review: This headset's sound quality justifies its price
- Acer's gorgeous 35-inch UW-QHD curved monitor is available for preorder at $1,100
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTCustomer Service OperatorVIC
- CCAppian Developer x 2VIC
- TPProject Manager - Change ManagementQLD
- FTFrontend developerNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystNSW
- CCGraduate DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTAppian DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Network Architect - CCIEVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTSharePoint Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Solution Designer, Investment and Trading PlatformNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTSAP HANA ConsultantNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- FTData Analyst / Reporting SpecialistNSW
- CCTransport EngineerVIC