Intel has revealed the six new 8th-generation desktop Core chips that will begin shipping on Oct. 5, including the six-core Core i7-8700K, which the company claims as the best gaming processor ever.
Intel has decided not to go forward with the Project Alloy VR headset it launched with great fanfare in 2016, citing a lack of customer interest.
Intel's virtual-reality chief says that the company is eyeing dedicated logic blocks in its Core PC microprocessors that will be specifically designed to optimize VR for even cheap notebooks.
Google has decided to appeal the record-breaking fine imposed on it by the European Union's highest antitrust authority in July.
The release date for Intel's 8th-gen Core desktop processors is shaping up to be October 5.
Intel's proof-of-concept gaming PC can use a single Core i9 to run up to four VR headsets.
Intel's 8th-generation Core chips include the capability to provide a two-factor authentication right from a PC, a recommended security practice that has historically required a phone.
Intel has officially launched its 8th-generation Core chips for ultrabooks, which will include an unexpected "refresh" of the current Kaby Lake chips, plus future appearances by Coffee Lake and Cannon Lake.
Intel posted a small note to its website confirming that its 9th-gen Core processor, Ice Lake, will be a "10nm+" chip.
The 8th-generation of Intel's Core processors will be revealed August 21, in the shadow of the great American eclipse and AMD's Ryzen.
Intel has released the final clock speeds and ship dates of its Core i9 microprocessors, in its ongoing war with AMD's Threadripper chips.
Microsoft won't provide Windows 10 updates such as the Creators Update to hardware that's no longer supported by its manufacturer.
AMD says it will ship its high-end Threadripper processor earlier than Intel's Core i9, and for hundreds of dollars less, too.
Intel's announced when its Core i9 chips will be released, but enthusiasts will be frustrated: Intel's releasing the lower-end chips first and leaving the monster, 18-core best for last.
Intel's answer to AMD's Threadripper are new Core i9 and Core i7 X-series chips with new overclocking capabilities and a brand-new chipset.
"If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Join the newsletter!
- Thermaltake's Riing 12 Trio RGB fans can be voice-controlled with Amazon's Alexa
- Amazon has a $30 rebate on an MSI 8GB AMD Radeon RX 580, with bonus gift card
- 6 cool things we learned about Android P from Google's Reddit AMA
- Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- HP's Sprocket Photo Printer makes easy, fun snapshots and has a $40 discount today
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies