Smartphones with Intel-based x86 chips aren't dead yet. Intel may have stopped making Atom chips for smartphones, but a partner is keeping that effort alive.
With an aggressive mix of price and performance, AMD's Ryzen will charge into the high-end PC processor space next week. Analysts say Intel may be forced onto the defensive.
Everyone wants to know how AMD's Ryzen compares to Intel's Kaby Lake. AMD showed benchmarks indicating the new chip will be every bit as impressive as the hype says it is.
Intel has teased its 8th generation Core processors, dubbed Coffee Lake, and says they’ll be available this year. Here’s what we know so far about Coffee Lake and Cannon Lake.
Intel passed on the opportunity to make chips for the first iPhone, and in May discontinued Atom smartphone chips after wasting billions trying to get them in handsets. The chip company instead started building a new mobile identity around its modems...
Walmart's selling this model, which offers a touchscreen, good amount of storage and RAM, and a Core i5 processor, for the same price as Amazon's refurbished units.
Intel is bringing more options to improve gaming and virtual reality experiences on Windows PCs with official support for Vulkan.
Intel has indicated not one but two new chips—a 14nm chip for desktops, known as Coffee Lake, alongside the 10nm Cannon Lake—will launch sometime before the end of the year.
Intel realizes there's a limit to Moore's Law and is already investing in technologies to drive computing beyond today's PCs and servers.
Intel's got some high priced chips, but none is as expensive as the new Xeon E7-8894 v4 server processor.
The PC's fall from grace is official. Intel said Thursday that going forward, its Xeon and other server processors will get first crack at the company's latest manufacturing processes, while PCs will have to take a number.
Upgrading CPU performance hasn't been a priority for Intel in many years, but that could be changing.
The second-in-command of Intel's PC chip business, Kim Stevenson, has left the company unexpectedly.
A flaw in an old Intel chip could crash servers and networking equipment, and the chip maker is working to fix the issue.
Intel showed off what its Shooting Star quadcopters can do when they played the role of backup dancers to Lady Gaga on Super Bowl on Sunday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The top 3 Best DDR4 computer memory RAM kits in 2017 that you can buy right now
- Watch us play Vanquish on PC
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTHCM Project Manager & Service Implementation Manager - SAP HRNSW
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTIT Security ConsultantNSW
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer - IntergrationQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCManaging Architect - Satellite - TelcoVIC
- FTImplementation Engineer - Cisco UCSWA
- TPServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- CCGIS DeveloperQLD
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- TPDigital Business Analyst - AgileQLD
- CCProject Manager - Grant managementNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTXamarin DeveloperVIC
- FTChange AnalystQLD
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- CCProject Manager Information ManagementQLD