Paradoxically for a platform intended to automate cloud service deployment, a major obstacle to wider adoption of OpenStack is a lack of qualified staff, speakers and attendees at the OpenStack Summit in Paris said Monday.
Microsoft wants to move monitoring and analytics to the cloud, automate management and take over high- performance computing work with its latest Azure products.
Extending Office 365 functionality to third-party developers, Microsoft has exposed a set of application programming interfaces (APIs) so other companies can add features and capabilities to the online productivity service.
Although fierce rivals in the market for Cloud computing services, IBM and Microsoft have pledged to make their technologies interoperable in the Cloud for the sake of their users.
Getting out of the business of designing and running computer systems, German airline Deutsche Lufthansa AG is selling its IT services division to IBM and having Big Blue run its internal IT operations.
Microsoft now loves Linux.
Microsoft researchers have figured out a new way to keep data and applications secure in the cloud, by cordoning them off in memory from the underlying infrastructure.
IBM is expanding the customer base for its Watson cognitive computing technology as companies from an increasingly wide variety of industries start to incorporate the service into their businesses.
NTT Communications is giving the power of choice to network administrators, releasing an upgrade for its Enterprise Cloud platform that will allow for on-the-fly changes to bandwidth capacity and VPN connections.
Sometimes the best path to success is to learn how to avoid failure.
Oracle chairman, Larry Ellison, has delivered another dose of hype for the vendor's Cloud platform, but many customers may need more convincing before they make the leap.
Earlier this month, Microsoft quietly appointed software architect Mark Russinovich as chief technology officer for its Azure cloud computing platform, formalizing a role he's been executing for the past several years.
With the newest commercial service to spring from its highly publicised Watson cognitive computing initiative, IBM is attempting to streamline the process of analysing data so business managers can pull insights from data sets without the help of IT ...
In an ongoing effort to commercialize its Watson analysis technology, IBM is testing a new service that can answer questions business managers might have about their data.
Hewlett-Packard has agreed to buy Cloud platform provider, Eucalyptus, stepping up HP's efforts in the growing field of Cloud computing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTUAT CoordinatorQLD
- CCBusiness Change ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTSoftware and Applications Programmer (Java Developer)ACT
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- TPTechnical AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOACT
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneVIC
- FTSecurity Engineer (Cisco ASA) - Professional Services - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTApplication System EngineerACT
- FTTest AnalystSA
- TPTechnical ArchitectVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerNSW