NYSE down but it's no cyberattack... Microsoft slims down phone business again... IBM makes world's smallest chips... and more tech news
In another sign of the movement of more and more data into Cloud services, global first-quarter sales of Cloud-related hardware rose 25.1 per cent year-on-year, to nearly $US6.3 billion, according to an IDC survey.
Lenovo's design chief has come up with a wacky idea for the ThinkPad--so wacky, it just might work.
Snowflake opens cloud data warehouse... Google puts a data center in a coal plant... Facebook opens Messenger to all... and more tech news.
Ford drives into car-sharing... U.S. government ranked last on app security... Google intros free music streaming... and more tech news.
IBM and online storage firm Box have formed a wide-ranging cloud technologies partnership that will allow Box users to apply Watson Analytics know-how to their content while IBM customers can use Box's content collaboration platform.
Organizations wishing to explore the use of Docker containers can now tap into commercial support, as well as some new software, to help them manage the new technology.
Potentially giving smaller law enforcement agencies a hand in fighting crime, IBM has migrated its CopLink search service to the cloud, minimizing the amount of work needed to hook into the North American crime-fighting database.
IBM is putting considerable resources behind Apache Software Foundation's Spark to ready the platform for machine learning duties such as pattern recognition and object classification.
IBM bets on Spark...report claims Russia, China cracked Snowden files..Alibaba preps video streaming...and more tech news.
Google gets on smart cities bandwagon... eBay, PayPal hit a nerve with robocall provision in use terms... Spotify arms for battle with Apple... and more tech news.
These seven IBM Watson-powered apps are transforming the way work is done in industries ranging from healthcare and travel to entertainment and oil & gas.
Desktop PCs may be yesterday's technology, but that doesn't mean they can't be slicker than the latest smartphones.
Cisco's intention to buy Piston Cloud Computing and IBM's acquisition of Blue Box Group, both announced this week, are bids to make private cloud platform OpenStack less of a headache for IT departments.
Betting that demand for hybrid clouds will grow strongly, IBM has acquired Blue Box, which specializes in offering OpenStack open source cloud hosting services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCProject Delivery LeadQLD
- CCWeb Designer - IT Graphics / UI DesignerACT
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCPega DeveloperSA
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerVIC
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Marketing Manager | Global Technology CompanyNSW
- CCICT Security Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Digital Developer - SitecoreQLD
- CCWeb Designer - IT Graphics / UI DesignerQLD
- FTWeb Content WriterACT
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsACT
- FTLevel 2 Desktop SupportACT
- FTLead Drupal DeveloperQLD
- TPSoftware Engineer / DeveloperQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD