As the market for cloud services grows, the big enterprise IT vendors are moving swiftly to develop cloud offerings that cater to their respective markets.
Exploiting recent hardware enhancements that IBM added into its System z mainframe servers, enterprise software provider BMC has updated its line of performance tuning products to help customers get more from the latest version of the DB2 database.
In announcing its cloud computing services on Thursday, IBM stressed repeatedly that private clouds -- or those that exist behind the corporate firewall -- are as important to its strategy as those in the public realm.
IBM plans to release the next version of its flagship Java application server, Websphere 8, on June 17, according to documents posted to IBM's website this week.
Dramatic expense cuts and a narrowed focus on five networking technologies, including video, are coming to Cisco Systems as part of a massive planned turnaround, Cisco CEO John Chambers told financial analysts Thursday.
IBM on Thursday demonstrated its fastest graphene transistor, which can execute 155 billion cycles per second, which is about 50 percent faster than previous experimental transistors shown by the company's researchers.
The proposed acquisition of an IT services company by India’s largest business process outsourcing (BPO) firm, Genpact, has fueled a debate on whether pure-play BPO firms in the country can survive independently.
IBM may have made the open source Linux OS a staple of its software line, but the company is keeping its own DB2 database proprietary, a company official said on Wednesday afternoon.
Top manufacturers including Dell, Hewlett-Packard, IBM and Cray have announced new high-end servers sporting Intel's 10-core Xeon E7 series of chips, which were announced on Tuesday.
SugarCRM has acquired iExtensions, which makes customer relationship management (CRM) software for IBM Lotus Notes users, in a bid to attract more enterprise customers and compete better against bigger rivals like Salesforce.com and Microsoft.
The software that helped IBM's Watson computer reign victorious on the Jeopardy game show in February could also help the financial industry assess risk more effectively, a pair of IBM executives stated on Monday at a high-performance computing confe...
IBM says IT staff need to pay extra attention to use of mobile devices and cloud infrastructure on business networks because both technologies are still young, and security can be sketchy.
The volume of phishing attacks dropped in 2010 to less than a quarter of what was seen in the previous two years, according to IBM's annual research report on threats and risks. There was still plenty of spam, however.
Mention cloud computing to a mainframe professional, and he's likely to roll his eyes. Cloud is just a new name -- and a lot of hype -- for what mainframes have done for years, he'll say.
One of the founding fathers of the original IBM PC, Mark Dean, says competition in the smartphone and tablet markets today is as wild as the early microcomputer battles between Apple, Commodore and IBM almost three decades ago.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
- Hands-on: Surviving Mars captures the excitement and dread of launching a colony mission
- Dell XPS 15 (2017) review: Kaby Lake and a 4K display make a difference
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Hands-on: Middle Earth: Shadow of War gets more creative with Tolkien's universe
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Project Manager- Cloud- AWS, Office 365- PRINCE2Other
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther
- FTSolution Designer, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTPractice Director Development – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTSenior Analyst - Security / DevOpsOther
- TPProject Officer (PMO)VIC
- FTSAP ABAP DEVELOPMENT LEAD- NSW GovernmentOther
- TPTest ManagerVIC
- TPData Migration ManagerNSW
- FTTech LeadOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPProduct OwnerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Cloud BIOther
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperWA
- FTTransition Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- FTSenior Microsoft SQL Designer/ArchitectOther
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsOther
- FTNetwork Solution Architect -Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSAP Release ManagerQLD
- CCPeoplesoft campus solution consultant/TesterNSW
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther