Better than a TV?
This 4-bay NAS unit adds great consumer appeal by doubling as a media centre.
Scott Luminor review: The Scott Luminor is a great idea, but sound quality isn't spectacular
This 3D Blu-ray speaker system has plenty of power and good sound quality, but its features come with a high price tag
Panasonic SC-BTT775 review: This home theatre system supports 3D Blu-ray movies and has wireless speakers
home theatre in pictures
With Christmas just around the corner, many stores are beginning to slash the prices of their home entertainment products from brands like Samsung, LG, Pioneer, Sharp and Sony. If you're looking for a new HD TV, Blu-ray player, home entertainment system or media streamer this Christmas, check out some of these great savings. Click on the model name to read an in-depth review of each product.
Bowers & Wilkins have long been considered one of the premier makers of audio speakers in the world. When it comes to home cinema, iPod docks and hi-fi solutions, Bowers & Wilkins are indeed the cream of the crop in speakers. Founder, John Bowers gave the company one goal: to develop the perfect speaker. We take a look at their products and can only dream of one day owning a set of speakers from the iconic brand.
Check out some cheap TVs, a great notebook and more!
After you're lucky enough to pull together the moola to buy the components of a great home theater, you know you'll want to demonstrate its finer points to your buddies.
Bose has unveiled a brand new suite of Wi-Fi enabled music systems designed to compete with the popular Sonos range, but the devices will only support Internet radio, and the Pandora streaming music service at launch.
LG has today announced the launch of its Laser Display, a short throw DLP display that projects 100in of full HD video onto a specially designed screen.
Bose packs big sound into small spaces with SoundLink wireless speaker, Lifestyle and Cinemate soundbars
High-end home and personal audio brand Bose has launched three new products, focusing on consumers' apparent want for high quality sound in a small package. Two new home theatre soundbar speakers join a Bluetooth wireless travel speaker in beefing up...
Epson has announced the upcoming release of two new models in its home cinema line-up. Taking over as the company's flagship models from the Epson EH-TW3500, EH-TW4500 and EH-TW5500 home cinema projectors which were released in 2009, the new Epson EH...
Sony introduced three new upcoming products for its audio lineup this Wednesday, all of which offer to bring so-called 3D sound to the home.
HDMI, RCA, S-Video--sorting through the alphabet soup of audio/video cables can be difficult.
Kurt asked the Answer Line forum about buying a PC for his home theater
Large high-definition televisions are voracious electricity consumers. Some 50-inch plasmas demand in excess of 400 watts of power when turned on. That's more than a good-size, modern refrigerator requires, though the refrigerator stays on 24/7, so i...
We’ve tested most of the TVs on the market recently and were keen to see how an “affordable” Home Theatre projector compared in day to day usage. Would it really be a viable TV-alternative for an Aussie home? Or does it only operate optimally in a ci...
Over the past months we’ve reviewed most of the best TVs on the market. Here we summarize which you should buy next and why. All of these are 4K Ultra High Definition TVs which support High Dynamic Range (unless otherwise stated). They will last you ...
Last month, LG announced the launch of its Laser Display, a short throw DLP display that projects 100in of full HD video onto a specially designed screen. While it's very much a niche product given its $8999 price tag, we were still keen to see what ...
With Christmas just around the corner, many stores are beginning to slash the prices of their home entertainment products from brands like Samsung, LG, Pioneer, Sharp and Sony. If you're looking for a new HD TV, Blu-ray player, home entertainment sys...
Bowers & Wilkins have long been considered one of the premier makers of audio speakers in the world. When it comes to home cinema, iPod docks and hi-fi solutions, Bowers & Wilkins are indeed the cream of the crop in speakers. Founder, John Bowers gav...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst - Level 1 SupportQLD
- TPAnalyst ProgrammerSA
- FTTest Manager - Applications - NSW GovernmentOther
- CCJunior Resource AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application Support ConsultantQLD
- CCGen System AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | SaaS FintechOther
- CCCloud Orchestration SpecialistNSW
- TPTest ManagerVIC
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Big Data Engineer | Media DataOther
- CCData Architecture AnalystNSW
- FTSAP TesterVIC
- FTLead UX/UI DesignerOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTJava Developer - Networking ExperienceOther
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTContracts Admin/ Commercial Analyst- NSW Government backgroundOther
- TPActive Directory AdministratorACT
- FTNetwork Security EngineerOther