The Motorola Xoom was the most advanced tablet that we got to try out at Mobile World Congress. Other tablets, including the HTC Flyer, certainly look promising, but the Xoom is the launch device for the Google Android Honeycomb OS - the version of A...
Judging from CES 2011, Samsung and LG will be releasing two of the most exciting televisions in 2011 -- the feature-packed Samsung Series 8 and the innovative LG LW6500. We suspect that both of these TVs will rate highly in this year's list of top te...
At CES 2011, Samsung unveiled over 40 new LED, LCD and plasma TVs. We've cherry-picked the coolest models and accessories and taken a closer look.
Last year was a great one for new television technology -- dozens of 3D TVs were released from big brands like Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Sony and Sharp, 200Hz and 400Hz frame rates became popular on sets that weren't too expensive, and we began to see ...
Sony is experimenting with exclusive features embedded into its iTunes movies, PaidContent reports, slowly paving the way for the day when DVDs will be no more. In the iTunes version of The Other Guys users can search through the script of the movie ...
With Christmas just around the corner, many stores are beginning to slash the prices of their home entertainment products from brands like Samsung, LG, Pioneer, Sharp and Sony. If you're looking for a new HD TV, Blu-ray player, home entertainment sys...
Whether you're an audiophile or just interested in good entertainment options, we have compiled a slideshow of some of the top brands in the world -- some of which you have probably never heard of.
Christmas is always a great time to buy a TV, with low prices and a whole bunch of bonus gifts included with a lot of sales. We've put together a list of deals from the top TV brands. Whether you're interested in picking up a Samsung, a Sony, a Panas...
Since its founding in 1946, Sony has produced some of the biggest hits in consumer electronics. Brand names like Walkman, Handycam and Trinitron helped define the company as a giant in the industry and more recent hits like Cybershot, Vaio, Bravia an...
3D televisions went on sale in Australia several months ago, complete with glitzy launches involving dancing girls, complicated lighting sets and fast-paced music. But have the sales figures delivered on the hype? Are Australians really buying 3D TVs...
Back in 2006, an entry-level Blu-ray player would set you back a minimum of $1000. Today, most models cost around $400-$500, with some retailing for under 200 bucks. In other words, there has never been a better time to toss away your old DVD player.
Ever since Pioneer stopped selling televisions in Australia, Panasonic has been hailed as one of the top producers of high quality plasma TVs. From low priced entry-level models to high end cinema-standard sets, and with screen sizes ranging from 42i...
Sling Media's small Slingbox 700U won one of three Best in Show awards given by the Industrial Designers Society of America (ISDA).
The mainstream availability of 3D TV sets marks a big step forward towards bringing the cinema experience into living rooms. Two of the main players in the Australian 3D TV market are Panasonic with its VT20 plasma TVs and Samsung with the Series 7 L...
Bowers & Wilkins have long been considered one of the premier makers of audio speakers in the world. When it comes to home cinema, iPod docks and hi-fi solutions, Bowers & Wilkins are indeed the cream of the crop in speakers. Founder, John Bowers gav...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTManual TesterACT
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- TPSupport AnalystVIC
- FTApplications Project ManagerQLD
- TPProject Test ManagerQLD
- TPMobile Application DeveloperVIC
- FTData Analyst | $51 p/hrVIC
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCWeb Designer - IT Graphics / UI DesignerACT
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager (Office 365) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTImplementation Engineer - Cisco UCSWA
- TPDelivery Coordinator - ProjectsQLD
- CCEnd to End Project ManagerVIC
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- TPSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTChange Manager, Agile Environment, Financial ServicesNSW
- TPTechnical AnalystVIC
- TPProject Manager - Change ManagementQLD
- TPEOI - JAVA DeveloperACT
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT