In the ongoing battle to clean up Japan's crippled Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant, Toshiba is deploying a novel robot that's a bit like a scorpion.
Struggling electronics maker Sharp said Monday it is grappling with how to reform its LCD panel business, but has yet to make any decisions.
Hitachi Data Systems is purchasing business intelligence software maker Pentaho to incorporate analysis into Internet of Things systems it'll build for the healthcare, public safety and other industries.
Sports fans of the future might enter stadiums simply by waving a hand over a vein scanner if new technology from Hitachi is any guide.
If you're looking to sharpen your mental focus, Hitachi has developed a wearable brain activity sensor designed to improve learning skills.
Sure, you could buy a laptop, tablet or cloud service from Toshiba. But how about some spinach?
While Japan on Tuesday marked the third anniversary of the 2011 earthquake and tsunami that left over 18,000 dead or missing, a huge crane has been quietly moving fuel rods out of a pool at the stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.
The market for external disk storage systems has recovered from a slump, with factory revenues up 2.4 percent to US$6.9 billion in the fourth quarter of 2013, according to an IDC study.
Hitachi has developed projector technology that makes video display clearly in brightly lit rooms.
New chips that blur the line between computer memory and storage are starting to move beyond niche applications and could change how we use PCs, an industry analyst said Sunday.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST), a Western Digital company, is putting helium into its hard disk drives (HDDs) to boost their capacity.
Western Digital’s (WD) flash storage expansion drive has moved through yet another phase, with the storage vendor announcing it has completed its acquisition of Virident Systems for $US685 million.
A privacy debate has erupted in Japan over a new service from a major rail operator that sells private e-ticket records as marketing data.
Hitachi said Monday it will officially support Amazon Web Services as part of its cloud solution offerings, a victory for Amazon over rival Microsoft Azure.
Oracle suffered the most as growth in the storage market continued to slow during the end of 2012. Hewlett-Packard, Dell and IBM also struggled while EMC emerged as the big winner.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Microsoft's Surface Book 2 has a power problem
- This week in games: Battlefront II disables microtransactions, Total War goes to Britain
- Star Wars: Battlefront II review: The Dark Side
- iMovie 10 review: Free video editing that's elegant and easy
- Buffered VPN review: It gets the job done
PCW Evaluation Team
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject Manager/Business AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CC.net DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTTechnology Development ManagerQLD
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistNSW
- TPContracting Specialist - Procurement AssociateNSW
- FTICT Cloud Transformation Program Coordinator - SAPOther
- CCData Center Infrastructure Specialist - Wintel / VMwareWA
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Sunshine Coast HospitalQLD
- TPieMR Program Director - Gold CoastQLD
- TPScrum MasterNSW
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)SA
- FTBusiness Analyst - InsuranceOther
- CCRecords AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTSenior Siebel DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectVIC
- CCITSM Integration Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCIntel IT ArchitectNSW
- CC2 x Technical Infrastructure SME - VMware / Storage/ BackupNSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD