Many companies set up subdomains for use with external services, but then forget to disable them when they stop using those services, creating a loophole for attackers to exploit.
Salesforce.com has made another step toward unifying its family of application development technologies with Salesforce1 Heroku Connect, which synchronizes data between its Force.com platform and Heroku.
Insufficient documentation on how to performance-tune a legacy Ruby on Rails stack led to a highly publicized complaint from one of the largest customers of Salesforce.com's Heroku PaaS (platform-as-a-service), Heroku has acknowledged.
Salesforce.com is "aggressively investigating" a database software error that led to temporary performance problems in part of its infrastructure.
Independent platform-as-a-service providers acknowledge that theirs is a crowded market, especially with big IT vendors like Oracle, Hewlett-Packard and Dell entering as competitors, but they expressed confidence this week that there is room in the m...
Salesforce.com's Heroku division has launched a stand-alone version of its PostgreSQL-based database, giving developers a "battle-tested" way to build applications with the cloud platform of their choosing, the company announced this week.
New Relic is taking its Web application performance service to Java apps running on Heroku's platform.
Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff is known as a big thinker and talker, and now he's hoping to be one of Silicon Valley's biggest party hosts, with more than 42,000 people registered so far for the company's annual Dreamforce event this week in San Fra...
Heroku, the platform-as-a-service provider bought last year by Salesforce.com, announced Thursday that it will begin supporting applications written in Java.
StackMob hopes to make it easier for Heroku's customers to extend their applications to mobile phones, by adding its service as a Heroku add-on.
Salesforce.com is ready to help customers turn their businesses into "social enterprises," CEO Marc Benioff said Thursday during the on-demand software vendor's Cloudforce event in Boston.
Salesforce.com has come a long way from its beginnings as an on-demand CRM (customer relationship management) vendor.
Salesforce.com is expanding its presence in Japan with a series of new investments and partnerships, the on-demand software vendor announced Tuesday.
A potential DDoS attack on Heroku, the Ruby platform-as-a-service provider now owned by Salesforce.com, is creating availability issues for its customers.
Salesforce.com's announcement Wednesday of plans to buy Heroku, as well as a rebranding of its array of services, makes it clear the vendor wants to be a one-stop shop for developing applications in the cloud.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tannenberg expands Verdun's World War I horrors to the Eastern front
- Logitech's excellent C920 webcam is just $50 today
- Audio-Technica ATH-AG1X review: A good gaming headset with one killer flaw
- Sennheiser GSP 350 review: A gaming headset that sounds a lot better than it looks
- Sennheiser Game Zero review: This headset's sound quality justifies its price
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSoftware DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Process ConsultantNSW
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- TPIT Security SpecialistVIC
- TPAV Design Specialist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCPega DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTSoftware TesterACT
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTSalesforce Marketing ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTProject Manager HFC Capacity ManagementVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEWA
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Field Services ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- FTRelease / Implementation ManagerSA