Netbook pioneer Asustek Computer unveiled four new tablet devices on Tuesday, including the 10.1-inch touchscreen Eee Pad Slider with the latest version of Google's Android mobile OS, Honeycomb, and the 12-inch touchscreen Eee Slate E121, which has M...
Apple makes two huge announcements for the Mac: an ultrathin MacBook Air that swaps a hard drive for flash storage built into the motherboard, and a sneak peek at the next Mac OS X—called Lion—that will tap into the best features of iOS, including a ...
Companies have turned to Internet videos to leap ahead of rivals in announcing their new products at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) this year, or at least to create buzz around their launches.
Samsung Electronics said it has completed development of the first DDR4 DRAM module, which offers twice the performance of today's DDR3 DRAM and reduces power consumption when used in a notebook by 40%.
Micron Technology today announced its highest capacity laptop solid-state drives (SSDs) based on its smallest circuitry technology; the largest SSD doubles the amount of data that can be stored compared to its predecessor.
As we close out 2010 and welcome 2011 it is clear we're at an interesting juncture in IT, with new opportunities stretching out before us. The key will be what we make of the opportunities and how we position our efforts to capitalize on them.
The recession may have accelerated companies extending the lifecycles of PCs, laptops and servers, but that change may become permanent.
Some aspects of the ERP (enterprise resource planning) software landscape, such as tired legacy code-bases and <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9201562/Biggest_ERP_failures_of_2010">disastrous implementation projects</a>, may never go ...
Feeling a bit of MacBook Air envy, Acer, Asus and Lenovo may soon offer alternatives to Apple's ultra-thin computer, according to Digitimes.
Solid-state storage has helped to raise the wave of portable PC alternatives that has hit the market over the past few years, and 2011 is likely to see that technology become more affordable and better performing.
Samsung on Tuesday released its first solid state drive (SSD) built with consumer-class NAND flash but targeted for use in enterprise-class storage systems.
Cisco's cloud strategy encompasses pretty much everything under the sun save one - actual cloud services.
Intel will make a big splash at the Consumer Electronics Show on Jan. 6 with its Atom chips featured inside a variety of tablet computers and netbooks, but the chips are not expected to appear in smartphones until the last half of 2011.
Nimbula's founders developed the Amazon EC2 public cloud system and are now working on Nimbula Director, which aims to partition internal cloud resources by authentication, along the lines of how EC2 works.
Addressing the growing market for tools that handle very large data sets, Microsoft has released a beta set of technologies, called Dryad, to manage and analyze large amounts of information across a cluster of Windows Servers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Why is the iPhone having an existential crisis? | The iPhone Show
- Akitio Node Cabinet review: Real, affordable graphics for your laptop
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTICT Business AnalystOther
- FTeCommerce Project ManagerOther
- FTVoice Solution Engineer - Telecommunications (cisco)Other
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskOther
- FTService Desk Analyst - Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTJunior DeveloperOther
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - Angular 2 | Bootstrap | jQueryQLD
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTWintel Server EngineerOther
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Digital BA - AgileOther
- FTICT Support OfficerNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | Six Month Contract |Immediate StartQLD
- FTSystems Support EngineerOther
- TPSAP TrainerACT
- FTService Desk Analyst - 1st LevelACT
- FTJunior Java developer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTJunior Java developer. Work Location - CanberraOther
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - SMEOther
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectOther
- FTTechnical Business Analysts, Banking, LendingOther
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Hana DeveloperQLD
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW