More and more traveling executives are leaving their laptops behind in favor of the iPad. They're writing documents, crunching numbers, and sharing files. Can you really swap your laptop with an iPad? Here is my three-part game plan for success...
While the 3G version of the Android tablet is looking a bit pricey at $US799, the Wi-Fi version will cost around $600, Motorola Chief Executive Sanjay Jha told Reuters.
The Google Android-based Motorola Mobility Xoom tablet will start at about $600 for a Wi-Fi only version – a price that should be much more competitive with Apple iPad pricing than was initially thought.
WASHINGTON - With Congress in the mood to cut spending, the federal budget proposed by President Barack Obama relies heavily on cloud computing and data center consolidation to keep IT costs under control.
At Mobile World Congress, chip maker IPWireless is demonstrating new technology called Integrated Mobile Broadcast (IMB), which will let operators offer mobile TV on tablets and smartphones like Apple's iPhone and iPad, and Samsung's Galaxy S and Gal...
Smartphone makers, not personal computer firms, are best positioned to make tablet PCs because of close links between external design and operating systems, a researcher in Taiwan said on Wednesday.
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Chinese handset manufacturer ZTE plans to launch its first smartphone in the U.S. this year, a move that follows the company's latest success in securing a bigger hold of the mobile phone market.
IBM's <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9205158/IBM_supercomputer_wins_first_Jeopardy_dust_up">Jeopardy playing supercomputer</a> has been touted by some observers to be one of the biggest computing advancements in the past several deca...
I got a close up look at the new HTC Flyer tablet at an HTC event here at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
As businesses increasingly adopt tablets, Intel wants to bring those devices under control by implementing remote management and security capabilities in hardware and software, the company said this week.
High Tech Computer (HTC) released five new Android-based devices, including two phones with a dedicated Facebook button, the Salsa and the ChaCha, at Mobile World Congress on Tuesday. It also unveiled its Flyer tablet.
Toshiba will launch its upcoming tablet computer in Europe and the Middle East in addition to North America, it said Tuesday.
It has only recently been formally introduced, but the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 was almost a foregone conclusion. Even as more manageable 7-inch tablets have made headlines in the past months, including the first Galaxy Tab, manufacturers have had App...
Perhaps you've seen that a number of major vendors announced plans to introduce a tablet PC of some sort at CES. No, the 2011 CES. Yes, you are correct that those same vendors announced tablet plans at last year's CES and nothing ever materialised, b...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- The critical importance of STEAM education
- Radeon Vega Frontier Edition: Benchmarks and behind-the-scenes AMD interview
- Hands-on: AMD's Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs Nvidia Titan Xp
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTiOS Developer/Team LeadOther
- FT.NET DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - System ImplementationQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSolution Architect - PermanentQLD
- FTSenior Citrix Engineer / LeadNSW
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- CCSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTPMO Project ManagerOther
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTSenior Recruitment Specialist |Other
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsOther
- CCAutomation Test Analyst Guidewire QLD
- TPProject Officer (PMO)VIC
- FTWintel Engineer - Level 1 and 2 ServerOther
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerWA
- FTSenior Systems Engineer - Virtualisation and StorageVIC
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- TPProduct OwnerVIC