A Taiwanese producer of plastic lenses said on Wednesday its March revenues shot up because of a surge in orders from tablet PC makers, indicating that cameras will be installed on devices due for release later in the year.
Cisco and other data center network combatants best prepare for an onslaught of meshes and pods.
Intel may have made it to a 32-nanometer build process first, but rival Advanced Micro Devices has followed suit and is looking to make up some ground.
A convergence of historical circumstance and an increase in innovative mobile applications may make Africa the first post-PC continent.
In news that should surprise no one, Dell's Windows 7 tablet may not be ready until September at the earliest.
Don't expect to get a lot done on your iPad 2 the first day. That's because you'll be too busy (and too excited) loading your new toy with great apps, music and movies. Yes, it will take hours.
The disaster in Japan may be a boost to worldwide semiconductor revenue, according to analysts.
Top manufacturers including Dell, Hewlett-Packard, IBM and Cray have announced new high-end servers sporting Intel's 10-core Xeon E7 series of chips, which were announced on Tuesday.
Intel on Tuesday announced the Xeon E7 series of chips with 10 cores, which the company said could help cut power and maintenance costs in data centers while adding more processing power.
Laptops and desktops with Advanced Micro Devices' A-series chips will become available from PC makers this quarter, the company's CEO said on Monday.
No other disaster has hurt the worldwide computer chip industry more than last month's earthquake and tsunami in Japan, according to analysts.
There's trouble brewing at Acer.
Intel expects tablets running its power-efficient chip code-named Oak Trail to become available next month, the company said on Friday.
Some Android tablets have unique features that set the devices apart from Apple's iPad 2. Toshiba is offering its Tablet with a replaceable battery option, which users can buy for US$89. Keyboards for Motorola's Xoom and Samsung's Galaxy Tab are avai...
Samsung says it is not using rogue software to record every keyboard stroke users make using Windows-based Samsung laptops.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 360: Great for the Galaxy S8, not so much for the iPhone
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTLead Senior Systems Engineer | 90 - 120K + Super|VIC
- CCDeployment Manager - TelcoVIC
- CCSQL Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTTelecommunications Provisioning LeadQLD
- FTData Analyst/ Reporting AnalystQLD
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTIT Command Centre Support EngineerVIC
- CCWeb DesignerQLD
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANENSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerVIC
- FTCustomer Service OperatorVIC
- CCSystems Analyst- Port MacquarieQLD
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Systems Specialist- Database l Bathurst LocationNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - ImprovementQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC