The MacBook Air line wasn’t the only Mac hardware to get a Thunderbolt-inspired makeover Wednesday. Apple also added a Thunderbolt port to its Mac mini desktop, which sports new processors and discrete graphics as well.
Apple today refreshed its MacBook Air line, equipping the notebooks with faster processors based on Intel's Sandy Bridge architecture and adding support for Thunderbolt that transfers data at speeds up to 10Gbps.
On Wednesday, Apple announced boosted specs for its ultra-slim MacBook Air laptops. The update included second-generation Intel Core i5 processors, new Thunderbolt connectivity, more storage space, and the return of the backlit keyboard.
Dell's acquisition of Force10 Networks will fill a critical networking hole as the company buys its way into building an integrated technology stack for data centers, analysts said on Wednesday.
Set-top boxes supplied by cable companies are likely using more power than desktop and laptop computers, and about 25 per cent of the power used by a two-socket server.
Lenovo has announced the ThinkPad Tablet for businesses, which runs on Google's Android 3.1 and blends consumer features such as a camera with business-oriented manageability tools.
Apple is expected to report enormous profits this quarter thanks in no small part to record iPad sales of 7.7 million units. But I'm still holding out for a better tablet.
Apple COO Tim Cook spoke to analysts after Apple's record financial results Tuesday. This is an edited transcript of his remarks.
One Laptop Per Child is developing new functionality and protection features for its upcoming XO-3 tablet with the hope to attract more interest in the device.
Mention cloud computing to a mainframe professional, and he's likely to roll his eyes. Cloud is just a much-hyped new name for what mainframes have done for years, he'll say.
Apple’s iOS 4.3.4 PDF vulnerability fix issued Friday didn’t stymie jailbreakers for long -- a beta jailbreak tool for the mobile software update was released on Saturday.
Despite earlier reports that sales of Asus' convertible tablet were slowing, monthly shipments of the Eee Pad Transformer have surpassed 400,000 units per month, according to DigiTimes --making the Transformer the second-best selling tablet after the...
Software and services fueled IBM growth in the second quarter of 2011, the company said Monday.
Toshiba on Wednesday acknowledged a bug that causes its Thrive tablet to not wake up from sleep mode, and the company said it is working on a fix.
Acer has created a new mobile devices business group for China, with the aim of tapping the country's growing smartphone and tablet market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- This week in games: Civilization III for free, Halloween modes shower treats and tricks
- Newegg's selling a 35-inch 2560x1080 curved monitor for $449 today
- Harman Kardon Invoke hands-on: Cortana enters the smart speaker market with a boom
- iPhone 8 Plus vs. LG G6: Which has the best camera in a smartphone?
- Logitech G703 review: A mainstream wireless mouse with some exceptional features
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Front End Developer - ReactJSOther
- FTBusiness Project Manager - Retail Store ChainOther
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- FTAgile Business Analyst, website or mobile apps expOther
- FTIT Security AnalystOther
- FTSenior SQL DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTCommunications Officer (Social Media Focus)Other
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTMid-Level Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTTransport Capacity Planner - Telecom domainVIC
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- FTHealthcare Application Support Analyst role in MelbourneVIC
- TPNetwork EngineerQLD
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Co-OrdinatorOther
- CCSAP Finance AnalystNSW
- FTApp Support Tech LeadQLD
- FTPerformance Tester - Load RunnerACT
- FTBig Data EngineerVIC
- CCMobile DeveloperNSW