Your hard drive is full. Normally that isn't such a big deal, but what if you need to grab a coworker's files before she leaves for a vacation, or what if you want your massive overnight file download to go off without a hitch? Here are some short-te...
Last week I told you how to make a new computer hassle-free; to wit, I described how to create a system-repair disc, dump the junkware, and set up security. Now that you've got your PC just the way you want it, it's time to perform what I consider to...
Disk partitioning--separating one physical hard drive into multiple independent volumes--can relieve all sorts of computer-related headaches, and thanks to the Disk Management tool included with Windows 7 and Vista, you can perform the task without e...
Free program Disk2vhd does exactly what it sounds like it will do: turn a partition into a virtual hard drive that you can load and even boot from using the aforementioned virtual machine software.
Hard drives almost always contain some potentially compromising information, such as credit card and social security numbers. You should always wipe a hard drive before turning it over to someone else. But that job is particularly difficult if the ha...
Rat74136's external hard drive is full. He asked the Answer Line forum how to keep backing up.
A41202813 asked the Answer Line forum why his once quick PC is slowing down
Windows turned drive F: into drive G:, so the PC's owner asked the <a href="http://forums.pcworld.com/index.php?/forum/2024-answer-line/">Answer Line forum</a> how to change it back.
Daniel Shaughnessy wants iTunes and Windows Media Player to see the music on his external USB hard drive.
After reading "Remove sensitive data before you sell an old PC," Joel Edillon wants to know if it's a good idea to physically destroy a hard drive instead of wiping it with special software.
Don Homan's hard drive crashed the day after his laptop's warranty expired. What should he do?
It happens to all of us: You turn on your system and see the stomach-churning "disk not found" error. It's really not surprising considering hard drives fail -- more often than you might think.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
- How to install a graphics card
- Crimson ReLive 17.7.2 is a massive, feature-filled update for AMD's Radeon Software
- Logitech G533 review: An excellent wireless headset that's both attractive and affordable
- Kaspersky's stellar antivirus finally goes free
- Ryzen sales lead AMD earnings, despite issues with game optimization and mining
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCPalo Alto Network Security Expert - BRISBANENSW
- FTData DeveloperOther
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistOther
- FTVesting and Decommissioning OfficerOther
- TP.Net Developer - 5 weeks contract - START NOWQLD
- TPData AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- FTDevOps Lead / Identity Services Security LeadOther
- CCCognos Lead / Cognos Developer - CANBERRA BASEDQLD
- FTTalent Acquisition Specialist - Large Blue Chip clientOther
- FTSupport Officer - cost management & estimating co-ordinationOther
- TPICT Project CoordinatorACT
- CCJunior - Mid-level Devops Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist) - Adelaide BasedSA
- FTSolution LeadWA
- FTSales / Account ManagerOther
- FTSenior Change | 6mths +Other
- TPSolutions ArchitectQLD
- FTData AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Analyst/Delivery LeadOther
- CCSecurity Solution Architect - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FT4 X Gun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTOrganizational Change ManagerACT
- CCMid-Senior Project OfficerNSW