Inveneo Project Director Andris Bjornson, on the roof of the Haitian headquarters of CHF International, installs the base antenna for a series of Wi-Fi links to aid groups across Port-au-Prince. CHF shared its satellite link with other aid organizations via a Wi-Fi network built by Inveneo.
Haiti in pictures
After Chile's massive earthquake and potential Pacific Rim tsunami damage, relief organizations, government agencies, corporations and throngs of people are on Google, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other services to seek and provide information and ...
Inveneo Project Director Andris Bjornson, on the roof of the Haitian headquarters of CHF International, installs the base antenna for a series of Wi-Fi links to aid groups across Port-au-Prince. CHF shared its satellite link with other aid organizati...
Nonprofit groups desperate to raise donations during the economic downturn are considering text-to-donate campaigns similar to the wildly successful American Red Cross texting effort for Haiti earthquake relief.
It was the day after the earthquake in Haiti and Stéphane Bruno, a Haitian IT consultant, by chance noticed an SOS message appear on the Facebook widget on his Android phone.
The exploratory trip last month by San Francisco-based nonprofit Inveneo might have been fairly routine -- or at least as routine as things can be for a group that brings information technology to poor countries all over the world. Members of its tea...
On March 5, I stepped off a plane at Port-au-Prince airport and was confronted by two things: oppressive heat and chaos. Down the stairs and onto the tarmac we went. It looked like a war zone. But it was actually the aftermath of the tremendous earth...
While the communications networks that aid groups set up quickly following the earthquake in Haiti were surely critical to rescue efforts, the new networks have had some negative effects on the local ISP community.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Microsoft's Surface Book 2 has a power problem
- This week in games: Battlefront II disables microtransactions, Total War goes to Britain
- Star Wars: Battlefront II review: The Dark Side
- iMovie 10 review: Free video editing that's elegant and easy
- Buffered VPN review: It gets the job done
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication Packaging EngineerOther
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer - Government organisationVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectACT
- TPCyber Security ConsultantNSW
- FTReporting Analyst - Planning & ForecastingOther
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSAP Test ManagerACT
- CC.net developerNSW
- CCManager-Process Tranformation (Black Belt)NSW
- FTTM1 Application Management AnalystOther
- FTApplication ArchitectOther
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSharePoint Admin & Developer- Australian Citizens onlyOther
- CCSolaris / Oracle SPARC administratorVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW