Inveneo Project Director Andris Bjornson, on the roof of the Haitian headquarters of CHF International, installs the base antenna for a series of Wi-Fi links to aid groups across Port-au-Prince. CHF shared its satellite link with other aid organizations via a Wi-Fi network built by Inveneo.
Haiti in pictures
After Chile's massive earthquake and potential Pacific Rim tsunami damage, relief organizations, government agencies, corporations and throngs of people are on Google, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other services to seek and provide information and ...
Inveneo Project Director Andris Bjornson, on the roof of the Haitian headquarters of CHF International, installs the base antenna for a series of Wi-Fi links to aid groups across Port-au-Prince. CHF shared its satellite link with other aid organizati...
Nonprofit groups desperate to raise donations during the economic downturn are considering text-to-donate campaigns similar to the wildly successful American Red Cross texting effort for Haiti earthquake relief.
It was the day after the earthquake in Haiti and Stéphane Bruno, a Haitian IT consultant, by chance noticed an SOS message appear on the Facebook widget on his Android phone.
The exploratory trip last month by San Francisco-based nonprofit Inveneo might have been fairly routine -- or at least as routine as things can be for a group that brings information technology to poor countries all over the world. Members of its tea...
On March 5, I stepped off a plane at Port-au-Prince airport and was confronted by two things: oppressive heat and chaos. Down the stairs and onto the tarmac we went. It looked like a war zone. But it was actually the aftermath of the tremendous earth...
While the communications networks that aid groups set up quickly following the earthquake in Haiti were surely critical to rescue efforts, the new networks have had some negative effects on the local ISP community.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTICT Project ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst (Cognos/TM1)Other
- FTERP Reporting AnalystOther
- TPProject ManagerACT
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- TPAgile Senior Business AnalystVIC
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTHR Business Analyst-Performance Management/Learning ManagementOther
- FTPractice Director Project Management – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTApplication Tester & Quality Assurance AnalystOther
- FTSalesforce Consultant - AdministrationQLD
- FTLead Android DeveloperOther
- FTEnterprise Transformation ArchitectOther
- FTProject Implementation ManagerOther
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js |WA
- FTIT Program SchedulerOther
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTProject Coordinator - Travel IndustryQLD