Adobe CTO Kevin Lynch is leaving the company to take a job at Apple, a one-time close partner of Adobe that became the most vociferous critic of its Flash technology.
After years of recriminations and conspiracy theories, a lengthy saga has finally come to an end--and I'm not talking about Lost or One Life to Live. Adobe on Wednesday announced that it would no longer develop Flash for mobile platforms.
Adobe will cut 750 jobs and reduce its investment in enterprise software as part of a broader plan to target the fast-growing markets for digital media and digital marketing products, the company said Tuesday.
Apple recently introduced the long-awaited update to its Final Cut Pro video-editing application. Final Cut has been around more than a decade, and it’s become quite popular with those who do professional video work.
With the release of its hotly anticipated Final Cut Pro X (FCP X), Apple breaks new ground -- not just with its flagship video editor's interface and underlying infrastructure -- but with the whole mindset of what it means to be a working professiona...
Mobile movie- and music-makers can add a few new tools to their toolbelts: On Wednesday, Apple released updates for both GarageBand and iMovie for iPad, adding new import options for the first, performance fixes for the latter, and AirPlay and HDMI s...
The scoop: GoFlex Satellite, by Seagate, about $200.
Adobe's coming updates to its Flash Builder and Flex cross-platform software development tools, announced Monday, don't do anything to address the exclusion of the Flash Player from Apple's iOS products.
Guinness World Records has released a new iPad app that is packed with interactive content, and offers users the chance to compete for three new records that are only achievable through the app.
According to a recent blog post by Adobe's John Nack, the next version of Flash Player (10.2) will be up-to ten times more efficient than previous versions, hopefully making browsing YouTube a less stressing experience.
Like many people, I have more music and videos than can possibly fit on my iPhone. What am I supposed to do? Delete all my episodes of "Firefly" to make room for "Flight of the Conchords"? Am I supposed to not listen to Brendan Benson because he can'...
Apple's well-publicized refusal to allow Adobe's Flash technology to be installed on its iOS mobile devices, including the iPhone and iPad, has led to speculation that Flash's days may be numbered as the king of online multimedia delivery. "Flash is ...
Microsoft has released a controller for its Silverlight multimedia software that can present dynamic visual summaries of large data sets in Web browsers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Titan Souls is free for Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime subscribers
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- CCInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPTechnical AnalystVIC
- FTManagement AccountantNSW
- FTCustomer Account Officers x3NSW
- TPProject Manager - ProcurementQLD
- TPProject Manager - SOE / Office 365VIC
- CCSQL Server DBAQLD
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- FTDIRECTOR PROJECT DELIVERY, WELLINGTONNZ
- CCBlue Prism DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTTest Manager / Test LeadQLD
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksQLD