It became standard procedure in recent years for Internet companies to launch early test versions of their newest services with hooks for external developers, but Google is bucking that trend with its Google+ social network.
The Google+ social networking site malfunctioned this weekend, spamming its users with repeated notifications via e-mail.
Google has agreed to send its chairman, Eric Schmidt, to testify in front of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee's Antitrust Subcommittee, which is investigating competition issues in Internet search.
After major privacy failures in its Buzz and Street View services, Google has hit the right notes with its deliberate, measured roll out of its new Google+ social networking site, according to privacy experts.
Oracle this week filed what is likely the first of several requests that the patent office reconsider its initial rejection of a patent relevant to Oracle's legal dispute with Google.
The two-week stock market rally in technology, among other sectors of the economy, came to a screeching halt Friday as the U.S. Bureau of Labor issued its monthly jobs survey.
Google's other social networking site, Orkut, which has been around for about seven years and has tens of millions of users worldwide, will continue to operate alongside the new Google+ for now.
News Corp. will close its weekly U.K. newspaper News of the World amid allegations that the tabloid hacked into the mobile voicemail accounts of celebrities, the British royal family, and crime victims.
The business world is littered with examples of companies that failed to identify and enter new markets (think Blockbuster). And then there are those that do well in their core market, but because that area grows less relevant over time the companies...
Will handset makers maintain their dedication to Android if they have to pay to license it? That's the question experts following Google's battle with Oracle are asking, and some of them think the answer is no.
Most Android tablets currently on the market appear to scream "me too". Samsung appears to be trying to change these similarities with its upcoming Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Google's new social networking site Google+, built to beat Facebook primarily on privacy features, has several privacy bugs the company is working to fix.
Wish you were on Google's new social networking service, Google+?
The names of two popular Google services, Picasa and Blogger, will soon go away, although the services themselves will remain key components of Google's product family.
Google has asked a California court to throw out the testimony of an expert witness who said Google should pay Oracle as much as US$6 billion for allegedly infringing on Java patents and copyright.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Join the newsletter!
- Ivacy VPN review: A competent VPN that doesn't mind cryptocurrencies
- Cyberlink PowerDirector 16 Ultra review: Ahead of the pack, especially in 360 video
- Magix Vegas Pro 15 review: Major overhaul makes it one of the best
- Fujifilm Introduces Two High Performance Cinema Lenses for its Mirrorless Digital Camera X Series Range
- Which Intel Core CPU is the best? How do I decide between a Core i3, i5, i7 or i9?
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTGraduate Project CoordinatorACT
- FTConsulting Java DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Manager, Strategic Asset ManagementOther
- FTWindows 10 Deployment ManagerACT
- FTDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCDesktop/Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystQLD
- FTSupply Chain or Logistic IT Business Analysts - MULTIPLE ROLESOther
- FTLead Project Manager -Office Fit out & AccommodationOther
- CCData Migration LeadQLD
- FTAutomation Developer - RPAQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - $104/hrQLD
- CCSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- FTSystems Performance ManagerVIC
- CCProject EngineerNSW
- FTHR Payroll Officer - Government background onlyOther
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTIT Security ConsultantSA
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTReceptionist/ Front Desk CoordinatorOther
- CCProcurement Specialist - PathologyNSW
- TP.NET DeveloperACT