The in-house reputation system used in Internet Explorer 8 and 9 is markedly superior at blocking social-engineering attacks than the Google equivalent used by Chrome, Firefox, Apple's Safari, an independent test by NSS Labs has found.
Microsoft's annual partner conference last week featured previews of the Windows 8 server and desktop operating systems, talk of integration between Skype and Lync, and a barrage of insults aimed at the company's competitors.
We got our first official look inside Google+ this week thanks to Google's Q2 earnings announcement, where we learned the nascent social network has amassed 10 million users. Other sources say that those users are primarily male and more engaged in d...
By now you've probably heard that Google and other search engines are making us think differently. Columbia University researcher Betsy Sparrow said we are remembering less information if it is readily available online, but we are remembering where w...
The free TrackMeNot Firefox add-on takes a unique and creative approach to protecting your privacy from search engines that can create profiles of you based on terms you search for. Rather than hiding your searches from them in some way, it takes th...
Twitter stands to lose a lot of clout -- and money -- if it flubs its social search deal with Microsoft's Bing like it did with Google.
Facebook should focus on continuing to deliver a solid product rather than worrying about ads on its site that promote rival social networking service Google+.
Google has removed a service that predicted travel times with traffic from the browser-based version of Google Maps.
Google's surprisingly strong earnings helped spark renewed confidence in the tech sector in advance of a raft of vendor earnings announcements next week, as shares of bellwether IT companies led markets upward Friday.
Google has started to move e-mail security features from its Postini service directly into its Google Apps collaboration and communication suite.
Oracle wants to put Google CEO Larry Page on the hot seat in the companies' intellectual property lawsuit over the Android mobile operating system, according to a court filing made late Thursday by the companies.
In just two weeks, Google's new social network, Google+, has amassed millions of early adopters. Whether you joined the site when it first launched or just received an invitation, there's a lot to learn, from setting up your account to adjusting your...
Ubiquitous availability of the Internet may be causing a shift in how much information we retain in our memories, researchers claim.
Google's revenue and profit grew in the second quarter, as the company's core search advertising business continued to perform very well.
With the unveiling of its Google+ social network, Google is again bringing to the spotlight the recurring question of whether social network privacy settings are too complex, confusing many users and causing them to share posts with more people than ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- Tannenberg expands Verdun's World War I horrors to the Eastern front
- Audio-Technica ATH-AG1X review: A good gaming headset with one killer flaw
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- TPTechnical AnalystVIC
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTSharepoint AdministratorQLD
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Process ModellerNSW
- TPSenior Web Developer/Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 2 SupportQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Digital Developer - SitecoreQLD
- CCMaster Data Officer - SAPNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPAV Design Specialist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTUAT CoordinatorQLD
- FTOAM Specialist | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- CCTransport EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect - CCIEVIC
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD