Google's Android operating system is riding a wave of popularity that has rapidly eclipsed Apple's iOS, and by the end of 2010 it's expected to overtake RIM's BlackBerry as the world's leading smartphone platform. However, despite the relative openne...
Smartphones are meant to make our lives easier--or at least more connected to people we want to communicate with--so why does typing on them sometimes seem on a par with performing root canal surgery?
Are you using your smartphone to its fullest? Probably not--smartphone owners typically push their devices up to only about half their potential. Here are 14 smartphone apps to help your Android handset, BlackBerry, or iPhone become all that it can b...
Maybe you want to liberate your iPhone from Apple's clutches. Maybe you just want to tinker with something new. Either way, you've seen Android running on the iPhone, and you want to try it for yourself.
Google Android is a great platform for mobile communications, but it's also designed from the ground up to offer a rich multimedia experience. Your Android device is jam-packed with features that let you manage and play your digital music in a variet...
Who needs to carry a camera if a smartphone is at hand? The Android operating system packs enough of photo functionality that it can often stand in for both a camera and a PC. Once you've learned how to harness your Android phone's photo power, captu...
Android can do a lot for you--but you have to know where to begin.
You know you can surf the Net on your Android phone--but did you know that the same phone can also enable you to surf the Net from your PC?
Your Android phone is only as useful as the apps you put on it. Whether you're looking to play games, manage media, or find new ways to organize your life, apps are the tools that can make it happen.
All play and no work makes your smartphone an expensive toy. But with the help of a wide selection of professional-grade mobile apps from the Android Market, your Android phone can get down to business. In this tutorial, I'll show you how to manage f...
A smartphone is designed to help you keep in touch, and Android devices are no exception. Google's mobile operating system gives you plenty of robust ways to stay connected. Here's a tour to get you started.
Whether you're a videophile or a casual videographer looking to capture life's precious moments, your Android phone can help you grab plenty of footage and share it with the world. And, with the help of a few choice apps, you can even carry and play ...
As a long-time Windows Mobile user who finally gave up on it and switched to an Android phone, I've been thrilled with the new operating system. Now, it looks like others who are fed up with WinMo might be able to switch a little more easily.
The first time you use an Android phone, one thing becomes immediately clear: You're not in Cupertino anymore.
The Android mobile operating system has an impressive set of keyboard shortcuts to help you fly through your phone without digging through the menus. A couple of quick key presses are all you need for most common tasks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTLevel 3 Service Desk Support Engineer / Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- FTTest AnalystSA
- CCTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst / Test CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Systems EngineerQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTDIRECTOR PROJECT DELIVERY, WELLINGTONNZ
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSAP HCM Support & Configuration ConsultantQLD
- TPDigital ProducerVIC
- TPProject Test ManagerQLD
- FTTest CoordinatorACT
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Configuration Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTApplication AnalystSA
- TPSolution Architect - InfrastructureQLD
- FTSenior Unix/Linux EngineerNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW