On his blog, Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson explained that an attack on the server is the cause of the game's multiplayer being unavailable, adding that he isn't sure why his game was under attack.
Fun fact: While still employed at the place that canceled his massively multiplayer online game, developer John Romero consulted with LOLapps to make a Facebook game called Ravenwood Fair.
The Nintendo Entertainment System celebrated its 25th anniversary this week and NESGuide.com celebrated it with a video montage of 749 NES games in 13 minutes and 45 seconds. How many do you recognize?
There's a new trend in daytime talk: Tech gadgets. Last month the "rugged" Motorola Defy smartphone made its public debut on the 25th season premiere of The Oprah Show. And now Microsoft's Kinect for Xbox 360 is traveling the TV talk circuit, appear...
Even if you use the strictest privacy settings on Facebook, many applications can pass on information that personally identifies you and your friends to advertisers, says a Wall Street Journal investigation.
Blizzard Entertainment has taken legal action against the programmers of cheat and hack software for StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty, GameSpot reported today.
A new take on Tetris called Lummo Blocks lets you use your body as the controller for directing the motion of the famous falling blocks. Playing with a buddy, one of you takes charge of moving the blocks left to right, and your partner controls the b...
Earlier this month, Epic Games delayed Gears of War 3 to spring 2011. Today we hear the game has an improved multiplayer system.
The Schwarzenegger v. EMA case could cost the video game industry its First Amendment rights by criminalizing violent game sales to minors, but how valid is the argument that a violent video game will spur violent behavior in real life? Research and ...
What do you get when you lump together the populations of Kuwait, Ireland, and Singapore (besides some very confused people and a possibly tasty potato-goat-curry dish)? You get about the same number of people as are currently subscribers of World of...
The PlayStation blog reports that the multiplayer beta for Killzone 3 begins October 26 -- and it's only open to PlayStation Plus subscribers.
If you need to justify a pricey 3D TV, you can give Activision a pat on the back for adding 3D support to Call of Duty: Black Ops when it ships early next month. For those keeping score, it'll be included in all three versions, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.
A new survey by research firm Newzoo reveals that U.S. gamers are not shifting to new platforms, but expanding the number of platforms they play on - based on need and situation. The data also shows that gamers are spending more money on games and ga...
Panasonic is launching its own handheld console, the Jungle, but will it topple the dominance of the Nintendo DS and the Sony PSP?
Be careful what you wish for, it might come back to haunt your wallet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 360: Great for the Galaxy S8, not so much for the iPhone
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPInstructional DesignerVIC
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- CCGraduate DeveloperQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - Technology and StrategyQLD
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- CCSystems Analyst- Port MacquarieQLD
- FTDigital Developer | LAMP Stack | Digital AgencyNSW
- CCBusiness Change ManagerNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTCustomer Support Team LeadNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Java Developer - Contract till June 2018QLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - Solutions and ApplicationsQLD
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTDashboard Developer | up to $92 p/hrVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD