The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules violate the free speech rights of broadband providers because the regulations take away their ability to block Web traffic they disagree with, one ISP has argued.
Four U.S. senators ground the chamber's business to a halt Wednesday in an effort to prevent lawmakers from voting on a bill to extend portions of the Patriot Act used to collect telephone and business records from the country's residents.
Legislation intended to end the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records is drawing opposition from several unlikely sources, digital and civil rights groups.
U.S. Senator Rand Paul, a Republican presidential candidate, has introduced legislation that would overturn the Federal Communications Commission's recent net neutrality rules.
Consumer groups are cheering the news that Comcast abandoned its proposed US$45 billion acquisition of fellow cable and broadband provider Time Warner Cable, saying it's good for customers and demonstrates the power of Internet activism.
It's difficult to predict how an appeals court will rule after it hears arguments Monday in Verizon Communication's challenge of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Get real, Microsoft: If the Surface Pro is a laptop, bundle it with a Type Cover
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The top 3 Best DDR4 computer memory RAM kits in 2017 that you can buy right now
- Watch us play Vanquish on PC
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
PCW Evaluation Team
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCData ArchitectWA
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- TPSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- TPIT Security SpecialistVIC
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTIT Support / Desktop SupportSA
- CCInfrastructure Test ManagerNSW
- FTDatabase Engineer (Oracle)ACT
- FTSenior Security Engineer x 3NSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Regulatory Reforms, FinanceNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Change and Process ImprovementQLD
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- TPInstructional DesignerVIC
- FTL&D ConsultantVIC
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Solution Designer/ ConsultantVIC
- FTDealing Room Support Analyst - IPC voiceNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerWA
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase Developer - SQLACT
- FTInformation Architect / Data Architect- ETL, BINSW