Acer said its net profit for the first quarter grew 55 per cent year-over-year, but its revenue continued to decline amid struggling PC sales.
On the back end of an earnings season that by many accounts could have been worse, tech investors appeared to be in the mood to celebrate on Friday, sending shares of IT companies higher as key stock-market indexes hit milestone highs.
A former portfolio manager at the now defunct Diamondback Capital Management has been sentenced to 54 months in prison for crimes related to a multimillion dollar insider trading scheme involving computer maker Dell and hardware maker Nvidia.
Softbank's CEO, in a battle with Dish Network to acquire U.S. mobile operator Sprint Nextel, slammed a US$25.5 billion offer made by Dish, saying it is based on "imaginary" numbers and would create a company with "insane" amounts of debt.
With Apple reporting a decline in profit margins and Samsung consolidating its leadership in the mobile device market, earnings results and market research reports this week point to the ever-increasing importance of smartphones as key to growth in t...
Alcatel-Lucent's first-quarter revenue inched up 0.6 percent year on year, but it reported a net loss after making a profit a year earlier.
Samsung Electronics said its Galaxy S3 and Note 2 helped it to defy a shrinking smartphone market in the first quarter, boosting its overall profits by 42 per cent from a year ago.
China's largest search engine Baidu reported slowing profit growth in this year's first quarter on Friday, as the company's research and development costs, along with promotion expenses, soared.
Sony has doubled its profit forecast for its recently ended fiscal year, a widely expected move after it sold off major assets including its U.S. headquarters and an office complex in Tokyo.
Sales of Nintendo's Wii U and 3DS fell short of the company's targets last fiscal year, pulling its profits down to half of what it expected.
Apple's net profit dropped during the second quarter of 2013 as the company's iPhone shipment growth slowed down, based on year-over-year comparisons.
AT&T has reported revenue of US $31.4 billion for the first quarter of 2013, down slightly from a year earlier, although net income was up slightly, with a sagging wireline business division nearly offsetting mobile and wired broadband growth.
China Mobile, the country's largest wireless carrier, reported weak profit growth in the first quarter as it struggled to squeeze more revenue out of existing customers.
Some of the biggest names in IT including IBM, Microsoft, Google and Intel reported quarterly earnings this week, revealing a picture of the tech sector that, while not as gloomy as had been feared, is nevertheless mixed.
SAP reported strong growth in cloud subscription and support revenue in the first quarter, even as the company saw a decline in software and cloud subscription revenue in the Asia-Pacific and Japan region.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- This week in games: Civilization III for free, Halloween modes shower treats and tricks
- Newegg's selling a 35-inch 2560x1080 curved monitor for $449 today
- Harman Kardon Invoke hands-on: Cortana enters the smart speaker market with a boom
- iPhone 8 Plus vs. LG G6: Which has the best camera in a smartphone?
- Logitech G703 review: A mainstream wireless mouse with some exceptional features
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Security ConsultantOther
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management AdministratorNSW
- FTLevel 3 Desktop EngineerOther
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTSOE Systems EngineerOther
- FTSAP Payroll Test LeadOther
- FTProfessional Services Consultant - UCMOther
- FTLead Front End DeveloperOther
- CCService DesignerACT
- FTOracle WebLogic Administrator- Banking backgroundOther
- TPChange Analyst / ManagerQLD
- FTLean Agile CoachOther
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTDevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTApp Support Tech LeadQLD
- FTCloud Infrastructure Architect - Townsville Location - PermQLD
- FTCampaign AnalystOther
- TPC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer - Federal GovernmentOther
- FTHelpdesk OfficerSA
- FTChange AnalystOther
- CCBlue Prism DevelopersVIC