Acer said its net profit for the first quarter grew 55 per cent year-over-year, but its revenue continued to decline amid struggling PC sales.
On the back end of an earnings season that by many accounts could have been worse, tech investors appeared to be in the mood to celebrate on Friday, sending shares of IT companies higher as key stock-market indexes hit milestone highs.
A former portfolio manager at the now defunct Diamondback Capital Management has been sentenced to 54 months in prison for crimes related to a multimillion dollar insider trading scheme involving computer maker Dell and hardware maker Nvidia.
Softbank's CEO, in a battle with Dish Network to acquire U.S. mobile operator Sprint Nextel, slammed a US$25.5 billion offer made by Dish, saying it is based on "imaginary" numbers and would create a company with "insane" amounts of debt.
With Apple reporting a decline in profit margins and Samsung consolidating its leadership in the mobile device market, earnings results and market research reports this week point to the ever-increasing importance of smartphones as key to growth in t...
Alcatel-Lucent's first-quarter revenue inched up 0.6 percent year on year, but it reported a net loss after making a profit a year earlier.
Samsung Electronics said its Galaxy S3 and Note 2 helped it to defy a shrinking smartphone market in the first quarter, boosting its overall profits by 42 per cent from a year ago.
China's largest search engine Baidu reported slowing profit growth in this year's first quarter on Friday, as the company's research and development costs, along with promotion expenses, soared.
Sony has doubled its profit forecast for its recently ended fiscal year, a widely expected move after it sold off major assets including its U.S. headquarters and an office complex in Tokyo.
Sales of Nintendo's Wii U and 3DS fell short of the company's targets last fiscal year, pulling its profits down to half of what it expected.
Apple's net profit dropped during the second quarter of 2013 as the company's iPhone shipment growth slowed down, based on year-over-year comparisons.
AT&T has reported revenue of US $31.4 billion for the first quarter of 2013, down slightly from a year earlier, although net income was up slightly, with a sagging wireline business division nearly offsetting mobile and wired broadband growth.
China Mobile, the country's largest wireless carrier, reported weak profit growth in the first quarter as it struggled to squeeze more revenue out of existing customers.
Some of the biggest names in IT including IBM, Microsoft, Google and Intel reported quarterly earnings this week, revealing a picture of the tech sector that, while not as gloomy as had been feared, is nevertheless mixed.
SAP reported strong growth in cloud subscription and support revenue in the first quarter, even as the company saw a decline in software and cloud subscription revenue in the Asia-Pacific and Japan region.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- TPSolution Architect - InfrastructureQLD
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem Support Analyst, ERPNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerQLD
- CCSSIS / SSRS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEQLD
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- CCXML DeveloperVIC
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantNSW
- FTDisaster Recovery AnalystNSW
- FTTest CoordinatorACT
- TPIT Security SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- FTWireless Networking ConsultantNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW