The HTC First is best described as a mid-range Android phone that comes pre-loaded with Facebook's new Android launcher, Facebook Home
HTC Salsa review: A dedicated Facebook button allows easy access to the social networking service
This "social magazine" iPad app works best when the reader-generated material is actually interesting
FrontierVille, like its predecessor FarmVille, is more of a habit than a game
Sony Ericsson's T715 mobile phone is an inexpensive, entry-level slider handset with built-in Twitter and Facebook apps
Facebook in pictures
Everyone knows a lot of people tweet on Twitter each day and even more post to Facebook, but the by-the-minute usage numbers for these eight leading social networks will likely surprise you.
Tim Cook admires Macs running Windows. Mark Zuckerberg flop-sweats. Marissa Mayer fancies herself a graphic designer. The bigger the names, the bigger the embarrassment when things go awry.
Google+ was a late but welcomed arrival to social media scene about three years ago. However, Google's answer to Facebook has failed to provide real competition. Here's a look at 10 ways the search engine king as fallen down with Google+.
A lot has happened since Mark Zuckerberg and his friends launched a website from their dorm room.
Opera 45 lets you easily share content with friends thanks to built-in messaging features.
Facebook is giving VR developers the ability to embed 360-degree photo and video capture in their experiences with a new software development kit made available Wednesday.
Facebook’s bumpy introduction of bot capabilities inside its Messenger service may be saved by an unlikely candidate: business users.
Facebook is making it possible to hang out with your friends in virtual reality using Spaces , a new app the company launched Tuesday for the Oculus Rift. The app will allow people to join a shared, immersive video call, represented by a personalized...
Facebook's efforts to embed camera functionality in all the apps it runs isn’t just a push to crush Snapchat. The company will be using those cameras as a way to create a developer platform for augmented reality, CEO Mark Zuckerberg revealed Tuesday.
Facebook's new encrypted messaging feature, Secret Conversations, is now live for everyone on Android and iOS.
Weddings. Job promotions. News articles. Facebook thinks it knows what the best stories are to drop in your news feed. But some users might want to see things their own way.
When I signed up for a Twitter account in the summer of 2009 I spent some time thinking about whether or not I should protect my tweets. As a novice Twitter user, I had to decide whether the benefits of protecting my tweets outweighed the drawbacks. ...
There's a fine line between awesome and annoying. Take Facebook: Most of the time, it's great, but a few things about the service drive me crazy.
Back in November 2010, Facebook announced plans for a "social inbox" -- a space that would serve as a hub for all communications that people use online or via mobile phones, ranging from text messages and chat messages to e-mail messages, too.
Oculus Rift's Spaces, Facebook's first stab at social VR is cold, sterile, and very corporate. There are better options for digital hangouts.
Have you ever ignored the person you are with, be it a boyfriend or a friend, in order to look for a suitable #quoteoftheday (with just the right mix of inspiration and cute) to wow your hundred-something Instagram admirers?
'Bots' are hot today, and popular tech companies including Apple, Facebook and Google all take dramatically different approaches to bot technology. Here's what bots from these consumer giants could mean to enterprises.
Don't get distracted by the super-sized emoji and full-screen fireworks. The most significant change to Messages in iOS 10 is third-party app integration.
Facebook continues to defy expectations with incredible growth in virtually every important area of business success, and its accomplishments stand in stark contrast to Twitter's decidedly tepid performance.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPProject Manager | Applications and Project InitiationQLD
- CCPega DeveloperVIC
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- FTSupport Engineer Level 3QLD
- CCSenior Systems EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst (Data Analytics & Systems) - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 2 SupportQLD
- TPWeb Developer - Front End focusQLD
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Data EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- TPInstructional DesignerVIC
- TPProject Manager - SOE / Office 365VIC
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTDigital Developer | LAMP Stack | Digital AgencyNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager-Grant ManagementNSW
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantNSW
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW