Apple plans to hire a third-party auditing firm to investigate 15 of its suppliers suspected of violating environmental regulations, according to local environmental groups that met with the company on Tuesday.
Bill Weihl, Google's "green energy czar," is leaving the company this week after steering its clean energy efforts for almost six years.
The parent of Apple supplier Foxconn has broken ground on a new R&D (research and development) facility in Taiwan to produce what could be robots that will be used in the company's manufacturing facilities.
Hewlett-Packard is developing servers based on a low-power microprocessor design from ARM Holdings, and claims it can slash power and space requirements by as much as 90 percent for companies running certain Web-based applications, HP announced Tuesd...
There are rare-earth elements in your computer, digital camera, television, smartphone, in the batteries of hybrid vehicles, in long-lasting lightbulbs and serving as critical magnets in guided missiles.
By launching the Open Compute Project as a stand-alone foundation, Facebook is hoping to further standardize the market for data center equipment, thereby reducing costs and vendor lock-in, the new foundation's board members said at a press conferenc...
Facebook has begun building a data center in Lulea, Sweden, where it will benefit from cheap electricity and year-round free air cooling, the company announced Thursday.
The Uptime Institute has launched its first Server Roundup Contest to encourage data center operators to retire obsolete servers and reduce their energy consumption.
Sony said Thursday it has been forced to postpone the launch of a new camera and cut production of another because a factory in Thailand has been affected by the widespread flooding there.
For months, Luo Xiaoqiang has lived with an odor she describes as a mix of chemical fertilizer and burning plastic.
3M has developed a see-through film that turns ordinary windows into solar panels. It will go sale next year.
All but the smallest electronics retailers in Europe could soon be required to take back unwanted electronics under new measures aimed at reducing e-waste.
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) has reached an agreement on ways to measure the impact of IT systems on the environment, in an effort to standardize the widely varying estimates now in use, the group said Wednesday.
SPEC, the standards body for performance benchmarks, has developed a tool-kit to help more accurately measure the energy efficiency of servers.
Foxconn, the maker of electronics equipment including Apple's iPhone, said a fire broke out on Tuesday at one of the company's facilities in China, that was quickly put out with no injuries reported.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTTest AnalystSA
- FTSystem Support Analyst, ERPNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTData Analyst | $51 p/hrVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTBusiness Process ConsultantNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsNSW
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPProject Test ManagerQLD
- TPLevel 2/3 Technical Service AnalystOther
- FTNetwork Solution Architect -Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer - Contract till June 2018QLD
- CCMicrosoft (Sharepoint) SpecialistNSW
- FTTest LeadACT
- CCWeb Designer - IT Graphics / UI DesignerACT
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerSA
- TPImplementation Planner | P90 |$1300/dayQLD