An abstract idea is not patentable simply because it is tied to a computer system, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled, potentially making it more difficult to patent some software in the future.
The U.S. Supreme Court could wipe out a whole swath of software and business-method patents if justices invalidate four electronic-trading patents, an attorney for patent-owner Alice said.
So-called patent trolls force tech companies to spend money on lawyers instead of innovation, and the U.S. Congress needs to discourage infringement lawsuits from patent-collecting companies, a group of tech and business representatives said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- This week in games: Civilization III for free, Halloween modes shower treats and tricks
- Newegg's selling a 35-inch 2560x1080 curved monitor for $449 today
- Harman Kardon Invoke hands-on: Cortana enters the smart speaker market with a boom
- iPhone 8 Plus vs. LG G6: Which has the best camera in a smartphone?
- Logitech G703 review: A mainstream wireless mouse with some exceptional features
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystSA
- CCSAP Finance AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist - Senior roleOther
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- CCScrum Master - Digital/ Marketing ProjectsNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- CCWindows AdminVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Integration Platform ProjectQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTIT Audit ManagerNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Rollout TechnicianSA
- CCSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCBlue Prism DevelopersVIC
- FTIT Desktop ManagerOther
- CCMiddleware System AdministratorACT
- TPSQL Systems DeveloperQLD
- CCMid Level .Net AnalystQLD
- FTJunior IT Admin CoordinatorACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Metering Systems / AMIOther
- TPSenior Instructional Designer/TrainerQLD
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystWA
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantVIC