Western Digital delivers 1TB of storage and good security in a portable package
A proposal from two senior U.S. senators would force tech companies to give technical assistance to law enforcement agencies trying to break into encrypted devices.
The inventors of public key cryptography have won the 2015 Turing Award, just as a contentious debate kicks off in Washington over how much protection encryption should really offer.
Apple has several avenues for appealing a magistrate judge's order that it help the FBI unlock an iPhone owned by terrorist shooter.
Researchers have developed a new technique that could allow attackers to determine with a high degree of accuracy which Tor websites users are accessing and where those websites are hosted.
A group of suspected Russian hackers are using Twitter in a clever way to mask their data-stealing malware, according to computer security firm FireEye.
FreeOTFE may sound like a political bumper sticker, but it stands for "Free On The Fly Encryption." The "Free" part is self-explanatory; "On The Fly Encryption" refers to the encrypting/decrypting of data as it is written to or read from your hard di...
Despite the convenience, free public Wi-Fi networks like those found in hotels, Starbucks, and McDonald's are also a serious risk when it comes to your data and personal information.
Losing your laptop can be expensive in three ways. First, you'll spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to replace the hardware. Second, you'll suffer the time and aggravation of restoring your data, all the while hoping you have everything backed up...
Paranoia--in small doses--is an excellent preventive medicine. If you think your business is too small to be a target for hackers, identity thieves, and similarly unsavory characters, you're dangerously underestimating the value of your business.
Yet another survey is indicating that security is a big issue for those intending to take up cloud computing.
The largest single type of security breach is the stolen or lost laptop, according to the Open Security Foundation, yet these computers are among the least protected of all IT assets. The costs of a data breach can be huge, including the loss of trad...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
- Hands-on: Surviving Mars captures the excitement and dread of launching a colony mission
- Dell XPS 15 (2017) review: Kaby Lake and a 4K display make a difference
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Hands-on: Middle Earth: Shadow of War gets more creative with Tolkien's universe
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- TPSenior Java Developer - Mulesoft IntegrationQLD
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Media Data ExpertVIC
- FTL1 Service Desk SupportWA
- CCIT Vendor / Partner ManagerNSW
- CCAgile Project ManagerACT
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystOther
- FTService Implementation Manager BIMOther
- FTLead/ Senior System AdministratorVIC
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- FTWeb DeveloperOther
- CCPerformance TesterNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTLead Android DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Siebel Integrator/Developer - Canberra/MelbourneACT
- CCWintel Infrastructure EngineersACT
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- FTICT Support OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTWeb Developer - VR 3D WebGL - Lake MacquarieNSW
- FTMobile App DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Siebel Developer - Canberra/MelbourneOther