Microsoft wants to promote the use of OneDrive for Business among Office 365 customers, so it's building links between the work cloud storage service and Outlook Web App (OWA), the suite's browser-based email interface.
When Microsoft announced message encryption for Office 365 in November, it came with a potentially annoying requirement: People receiving the encrypted messages had to be logged into a Microsoft account to view them.
In a move that could prove unpopular with IT administrators, Google has granted rights to end users of its Apps workplace email and collaboration suite to install third-party software from the company's Google Apps Marketplace.
Email encryption startup Virtru has launched a version of its service for businesses using Google Apps, a market segment that the company thinks is showing increased interest in secure communications.
Cloud storage and file-sharing fever has hit Zimbra.
Microsoft will revamp its Office 365 lineup for small and midsize businesses (SMBs), adding features, dropping prices and increasing the flexibility to mix and match them with Office 365 plans for enterprises and with stand-alone applications.
A "unique" breakdown coupled with a previously unknown flaw in Exchange Online caused Tuesday's extensive outage, and to make matters worse, the service disruption alert system also malfunctioned, leaving some affected customers in the dark.
In a scenario illustrative of Microsoft's tectonic shift to the cloud, Los Angeles County halted an on-premises Exchange upgrade to instead roll out Office 365 and its Exchange Online service.
Under pressure from Microsoft's Office 365, Google has launched a premium edition of Apps with unlimited cloud storage and extra IT controls, and has also improved the Docs office productivity suite.
Microsoft has finally fixed an Exchange Online outage that left affected users without access to email for almost nine hours on Tuesday, prompting many to vent their frustration online as they struggled to get their work done.
Microsoft will give Office 365 customers the option to receive new and improved features considered to be significant before they are made generally available.
Google confused end users and triggered a spike in support calls to Apps admins with the initial rollout of a security feature for the cloud suite.
Google has redesigned the reports section of the Apps admin console, giving IT staff a lot more details about who's been using the online apps suite and how.
A massive Office 365 deployment in Thailand schools that Microsoft initially described as free on Wednesday may not be so.
About 8 million students and 400,000 teachers in Thailand will be given access to Office 365, the biggest deployment yet for Microsoft's cloud apps suite in the education sector.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Don't be fooled: Windows Mixed Reality headsets are just VR headsets
- Thinking Big: Why Bold Ideas, Technology and Collaboration Help Bridge the Rural-Urban Divide
- Comodo Internet Security Pro 10 Review: It works well, but read every install screen closely
- Windows Defender review: Basic protection at the right price
- AVG Internet Security Review: A premium antivirus suite that you can put on all your household PCs
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTOracle Developer / EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Support OfficerOther
- CCLead Service Designer - CANBERRA BASEDNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- FTService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceOther
- FTBid ManagerOther
- FTIT Service Management LeadQLD
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- CCData AnalystQLD
- FTTechnology and Strategy Architecture ManagerQLD
- TP.Net Web DeveloperSA
- CCTraining and Support LeadACT
- FTTechnical Engineer - NPIOther
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BankingVIC
- FTProcess AdministratorOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI & ReportingNSW
- CCSenior NPM DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTProfessional Services Consultant - UCMOther
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTAPI LeadOther
- CCIdentity & Access Management AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther