E-mail may still be the dominant tool for office communications in many companies today, but Microsoft on Wednesday unveiled a mobile-minded alternative that's focused primarily on short, quick messages.
Office 365 users have a new, more secure method of logging into Microsoft's Outlook apps for iOS and Android, thanks to an update the company announced Wednesday.
It wasn't long after the launch of Slack's namesake team-communication software last year that the San Francisco company was catapulted into the "unicorn" club -- that growing group of startups with valuations above $1 billion.
Google is giving systems admins more control over Apps documents in an attempt to alleviate concerns about securing company data after moving email and productivity software to the cloud.
Microsoft has boosted the functionality of the Office 365 enterprise search and discovery application Delve, and expects to finish its rollout to commercial Office 365 customers by mid-May.
Yahoo released the source code for a plugin that will enable end-to-end encryption of email messages, a planned data-security improvement prompted by disclosures of U.S. National Security Agency snooping.
Access to Microsoft's new Outlook apps has been blocked for members of the European Parliament because of "serious security issues."
A glitch in the search software in Apple's OS X Yosemite can expose private details of Apple Mail users, revealing their IP address as well as other system details to spammers, phishers and online tracking companies.
Setting the stage for advanced Office mail functionality on non-Windows platforms, Microsoft has acquired Acompli, a startup that provides software for organizing email on mobile devices.
In time for the holiday shopping season, Microsoft has refined how Office 365 handles bulk promotional emails from vendors like Amazon, eBay and Macy's.
IBM is going up against cloud-apps powerhouses Google and Microsoft with its next generation email client, called Verse, designed to enrich email with social media and analysis.
Google has given its Calendar mobile app the biggest makeover since its launch, adding features meant to make it a more intuitive and smart time-management tool.
Google is taking another crack at email overload, but this time around it's resorting to drastic measures, developing a new product apparently built from scratch without relying on Gmail.
Apps admins will be able to communicate with Google tech support staffers via online chat, complementing other existing options, including phone calls.
Another startup wants to offer mobile messaging to enterprises, even though it's questionable whether such a narrow service can sustain a company and even though it's likely that larger enterprise collaboration vendors will jump into this market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Thinking Big: Why Bold Ideas, Technology and Collaboration Help Bridge the Rural-Urban Divide
- Comodo Internet Security Pro 10 Review: It works well, but read every install screen closely
- Windows Defender review: Basic protection at the right price
- AVG Internet Security Review: A premium antivirus suite that you can put on all your household PCs
- Avast Premier review: An attractive antivirus suite with limited install options
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCJunior / Mid Test AnalystNSW
- TPProject DirectorQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCWindows / Unix / Linux Systems Administration / Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP Finance AnalystNSW
- FTTest Analyst / Engineer (Cloud / O365 migration)Other
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- FTArchsight Delivery ConsultantACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTOracle DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTHelpdesk OfficerSA
- PTMultiple Security AnalystsACT
- FTAndroid Developer - Mobile Payment SolutionOther
- FTURGENT - Contract opportunity Business Analyst - Finance - Immediate startVIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerNSW
- TPChange ManagerVIC
- FTSenior IT Business Analyst -Other
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSalesforce CloudSense LeadVIC
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- FTTest AnalystOther
- TPSoftware Implementation Project Manager.NSW
- CCIseries Analyst ProgrammerNSW