Samsung Electronics has expanded the S4 family yet again with the 16-megapixel Galaxy S4 zoom, a lighter version of last year's Galaxy Camera.
Panasonic and Fujifilm say they have developed a new image sensor using organic materials that is far more sensitive than anything currently on the market.
Sweden's parliament has voted in favor of a law that bans taking pictures and filming in a private environment without first getting permission from people in attendance. Critics say the law is too ambiguous.
The Khronos Group has announced plans to create an open and royalty-free application programming interface for controlling mobile and embedded cameras and sensors, giving developers access to features such as burst modes and flash.
Google is facing some tough questions from Congress over the privacy concerns raised by Glass, its fledgling augmented reality system for recording and receiving information on the fly. But on the ground at the company's I/O conference for developers...
Canon will soon launch what it is calling the world's smallest digital single-lens camera, with a body that weighs just over 370 grams and featuring an 18-megapixel image sensor.
Photographers turning to social networks like Facebook and Twitter to promote their work may be losing the legal rights to their photos because the sites are deleting the images' metadata.
Japanese camera manufacturer Canon has developed a large sensor chip for shooting video in extremely dim conditions.
As jumbled news reports of what appeared to be a meteor shower over Russia trickled out of the country, some of the best views of what happened were from the dashboards of Russian cars.
Panasonic has developed a new way to drastically increase the color and light sensitivity of digital cameras including those used in smartphones.
Toshiba is preparing a 20-megapixel image sensor for digital cameras that it says will be the highest resolution of its kind.
A photo kiosk that can track user behavior using a Microsoft Kinect-like sensor and mine social data could help marketers gain valuable information about audiences at sporting events.
The devastating floods in Thailand will cause a 28 percent quarter-on-quarter drop in hard disk drive (HDD) production in the fourth quarter, potentially affecting notebook production in early 2012, research firm IHS iSuppli said on Monday.
Earlier this year, camera start-up Lytro provided an enticing sneak peek of what their first product could do. Using a light-field sensor -- the likes of which had previously only been seen in science labs and supercomputer-connected arrays of hundre...
Sony said Thursday it has been forced to postpone the launch of a new camera and cut production of another because a factory in Thailand has been affected by the widespread flooding there.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The top 3 Best DDR4 computer memory RAM kits in 2017 that you can buy right now
- Watch us play Vanquish on PC
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPSenior Developer - API - Data ReportingNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCMDM DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCICT Security Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTCustomer Support Team LeadNSW
- FTMobile Apps TesterWA
- CCSenior Systems EngineerQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCMaster Data Officer - SAPNSW
- TPIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOVIC
- TPAssistant Change Manager | System Implementation ProjectQLD
- TPSenior Sitecore Developer (.NET)QLD
- FTWireless Networking ConsultantNSW
- FTDisaster Recovery AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW