Patent company VirnetX is adding a patent it was recently granted to its ongoing patent infringement lawsuit against Apple in a federal court in Texas.
Dell is continuing its push into the hybrid PC category with a refresh of its XPS 12 Ultrabook, as well as the introduction of the XPS 12.
Apple reported a drop in profits on roughly flat revenue for the April to June quarter, though the results were ahead of analysts' expectations, providing something of a silver lining for the company.
Though software sales provided a ray of light in otherwise mixed results this week, gloom settled over the tech sector Friday in the wake of bellwether IT quarterly earnings reports.
Monday, the Internet buzzed and rumbled with news that Samsung planned to drop out of the desktop PC market. Tuesday, Samsung poured cold water on the report.
Shipments of devices based on Apple's Mac OS and iOS will close the gap on those of products running all flavors of Windows over the next two years, but Windows will then start to pull away again, according to figures from Gartner.
Hewlett-Packard is also bringing Android to the PC, and has unveiled a 21.5-inch all-in-one desktop installed with Google's operating system.
While Windows 8 is getting blamed for dismal PC sales, upgrading laptops and desktop systems isn't a priority for business users, according to new research.
It may have taken almost two decades, but Tun Thura Thet's investment in one of Asia's poorest countries is finally paying off.
Apple's new desktop workstation isn't just a powerful machine for the most demanding users, it shows that the company still takes the Mac and its product design seriously.
Surging tablet sales and the muted response to Windows 8 have opened the door for Android at this year's Computex and exposed deeper cracks in the Wintel powerhouse of Windows software and Intel chips.
Taiwan's Acer is breaking Android out of its comfort zone and has installed the operating system on a 21.5-inch all-in-one desktop PC that is expected on sale in the U.S. later this year.
At $US99, the mini PC developed by thin-client expert Young Song is meant to be affordable. In fact, the price is so low, most consumers won't hesitate to buy one, he said.
Nick Parker has one of the more interesting jobs in the PC business right now. As corporate vice president for Microsoft's OEM division, he manages the company's relationships with PC manufacturers, including sales and licensing of Windows.
Advanced Micro Devices has announced a new strategy that could lead to games that run in the future across PCs and games consoles like the Xbox and PlayStation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWeb Applications SupportQLD
- FTUser Experience Specialist (UX)ACT
- TPIT Business Support/CoordinatorNSW
- CCTechnical Support - L2ACT
- CCWeb Applications SupportQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTResource AnalystOther
- FTSenior Security Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTAS400 EngineerOther
- FTSenior .Net Full Stack DeveloperOther
- CCvRealize Solution DesignerACT
- FTSecurity Engineer - SIEMNSW
- FTInstructional Designer - Digital, e-Learning, GovOther
- CCCloud Engineer - Multiple roles - AWS/AzureVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperOther
- FTSenior RF EngineerSA
- FTFront End Developer | 6- 12mths ContractOther
- CCJunior DeveloperQLD
- FTSAP CRM Functional ConsultantsACT
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- FTICT Support OfficerNSW
- FTTest AnalystOther
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - ArmidaleNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT